Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much DynaBeads?

+5
horseman8m
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
jedishon
Larry Simpson
rhodetripp
9 posters

Go down

How much DynaBeads? Empty How much DynaBeads?

Post  rhodetripp Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Gentlemen,
With the CT what is the amount of DYNABEADS needed for balancing? 2oz.? 3oz?

TIA
Rhodetripp

rhodetripp

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

How much DynaBeads? Empty re how many dynabeads

Post  Larry Simpson Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:56 pm

I beleive 3oz is recomended,that is what I am running and feels fine. but don't forget to say the magic chant when you use the ju ju bead Razz What a Face
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

How much DynaBeads? Empty Re: How much DynaBeads?

Post  jedishon Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:58 pm

Website says 3.............I forgot the chant. No wonder I was down to the weqr bars after 24,000 miles.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:43 pm

jedishon wrote:Website says 3.............I forgot the chant. No wonder I was down to the weqr bars after 24,000 miles.

Jerry

I was on a slick at 7,400 miles with those " snake oil " miracle beads Evil or Very Mad I'm claimin' BS on them I'm very hard on tires but 7,400 miles on a car tire is ridiculous. That's 3,000 less than I got on my other " worse " mileage tire.I'm pushing 90,000 miles now on the dark side and that's the first and last one that will see dyna-beads in it.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

How much DynaBeads? Empty RE HOW MUCH DYNABEADS

Post  Larry Simpson Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:00 pm

Now I see how Horse ended up with worms in his tires. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:41 am

Smile Very Happy Laughing Smile Very Happy Laughing Smile Very Happy Laughing Smile Very Happy Laughing Smile Very Happy Laughing
Smile Very Happy Laughing Smile Very Happy Laughing Smile Very Happy Laughing Smile Very Happy Laughing Smile Very Happy Laughing
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:57 am

3 oz in the back and 2 oz up front...unless you have a boss hoss or a moped.....
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:52 am

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:
jedishon wrote:Website says 3.............I forgot the chant. No wonder I was down to the weqr bars after 24,000 miles.

Jerry

I was on a slick at 7,400 miles with those " snake oil " miracle beads Evil or Very Mad I'm claimin' BS on them I'm very hard on tires but 7,400 miles on a car tire is ridiculous. That's 3,000 less than I got on my other " worse " mileage tire.I'm pushing 90,000 miles now on the dark side and that's the first and last one that will see dyna-beads in it.

I am curious....Do you think it was the beads wearing the tire out or maybe a bad tire? Just curious to why you think beads wore your tire out?

........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:14 pm

twin1300 wrote:

Jerry

I am curious....Do you think it was the beads wearing the tire out or maybe a bad tire? Just curious to why you think beads wore your tire out?

........................bobby

Was'nt balanced is my guess from day 1 with the beads I had alittle bounce between 30 and 35 mph and then again between 105 and 110 mph.I had the tire guy balance the one on my bike now and shes smooth from 0 to 135 mph with no bounce whatsoever.I'm hard on tires but I need at least 10,000 out of the rear cause thats all I get out of a front and I like to add new meat at the same time. Thats the main reason I went DarkSide years ago I was only getting between 5,000 and 6,000 on a rear motorcycle tire.I run a soft compound directional car tire but still need 10,000 miles out of one.

How much DynaBeads? IMG_1409Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  85V-TWIN Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:47 pm

i never did put the beads in my tire,and with the new front tire balanced,my wobble at low speed went away.and allso had the bike up to 95 with no wobble.my fast days on a bike are over except for passing cagers when they are not doin the speed limit.most of the time,i only run the bike @ 60-65mph and its smooth as silk.of course if i had to hit the big slab,70-74 would be my limit.i have bout 3500 miles on the kumho right now and it shows no wear cheers
85V-TWIN
85V-TWIN

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsmobility Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:43 am

Was'nt balanced is my guess from day 1 with the beads I had alittle bounce between 30 and 35 mph and then again between 105 and 110 mph.I had the tire guy balance the one on my bike now and shes smooth from 0 to 135 mph with no bounce whatsoever.I'm hard on tires but I need at least 10,000 out of the rear cause thats all I get out of a front and I like to add new meat at the same time. Thats the main reason I went DarkSide years ago I was only getting between 5,000 and 6,000 on a rear motorcycle tire.I run a soft compound directional car tire but still need 10,000 miles out of one.

There is the possibility that the tire might have been out of round. You'd be amazed how many tires come from the factory that are square. If you've ever balanced car tires on a spin balancer, you can really see the imperfections. I've not seen any brand of tire that were always 100% round, including Michelins. You could perfectly balance a tire like that, and it will still vibrate.

I haven't used one, but apparently road force tire balancers can apply weights to counter the effect of out of round tires.
Oldsmobility
Oldsmobility

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

How much DynaBeads? Empty RE HOW MUCH DYNABEADS

Post  Larry Simpson Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:07 am

Oldsmobility wrote:

There is the possibility that the tire might have been out of round. You'd be amazed how many tires come from the factory that are square. If you've ever balanced car tires on a spin balancer, you can really see the imperfections. I've not seen any brand of tire that were always 100% round, including Michelins. You could perfectly balance a tire like that, and it will still vibrate.

I haven't used one, but apparently road force tire balancers can apply weights to counter the effect of out of round tires.
Don't think the ground force ballancer can do anything but show how much the tire is out of round.We used one on some new tires on my mustang and had to replace tire but they are a really good machine.They remove all doubt on out of round or seperation. Very Happy Very Happy
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down