Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low Profile Tires

+7
Dan
Larry Simpson
twin1300
2wheeladdict
nodakbassmaster
Charlie D
Ice Cold
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Low Profile Tires - Page 2 Empty Re: Low Profile Tires

Post  vs800rider Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:46 pm

Ice Cold I'm not sure this will help with the wobble at 100mph but I was wondering what air pressure you are running in the CT. I read all the post and didn't see where you mentioned it. Maybe one of the more experienced (older Laughing ) guys here can tell if running a too high or too low pressure will cause the wobble. Just a thought, Question
vs800rider
vs800rider

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Low Profile Tires - Page 2 Empty Air Pressure

Post  Ice Cold Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:12 pm

Hello,

Well at first it was at 38 lbs. Then one time I thought I felt the rear tire slipping going around a turn, so I checked to see the pressure and it was only around 33 lbs. I added air pressure to 42 lbs after added the jew jew beads and it still wobbles. I have to make up a tool of some kind to adjust the shocks. Other wise I would had done the adjustment already with the shocks. I run the turn pike from time to time and when I have to move, I need to move! The wobble is something I cannot have while on the pike! Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ice Cold

Ice Cold

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  xtradark Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:56 pm

Ice Cold wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's info and say I now have a Good Year Triple Tread 205/60/16 tire! I ask several Good Year Garages and they all told me that don't make a 205/65/16 tire by Good year. Also all the garages be it Good Year or not, either change their tune or said no to placing a CT on my bike. So I went out to Horrible Feight and bought a tire changer and waiting for the Motorcycle tire changer adapter to come in so I can just change the tire myself! Also one of the Good Year dealers gave me a bag of beads for free! Their not Dyna Beads but "Equal Tire Performance" beads! They use it for the big tractor and trailer tires. They simply drop the un-open bag directly into the tire before seating the bead. I think its a 4 oz bag?? Anyway I will try to get some PIcs up when I finally mount the tire. I have be enjoying reading all the articals here on this site. A Big Thank you once again!!

Ice Cold
06 VTX 1800c
Spec 3
w/Flames
Hi ICe Cold,
I have checked on the Dyna beads website, and they recommend 3 ounces of Dyna beads for your size tire. they have a section on the website that gives bead sizes for motorcycles fitted with a car tire. They also sell bigger size beads (in self opening bags) for trucks. From what I`ve read about dyna beads for balancing, you need to get the right weight/size beads for different applications, I personally would not be using truck size beads on a car or motorcycle.
tire. Jonno
xtradark
xtradark

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Low Profile Tires - Page 2 Empty Beads

Post  Ice Cold Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:03 pm

Hello,

The beads that I used were in a bag and were intended for a truck tire, but when I opened it to put them through the valve stem, they were like the size of sand. Perhaps bigger, but looked to be smaller then normal. So I don't know! Maybe I should had ordered the dyna-beads. These were given to me by a garage that install Good year tires. (Dealer) I did put in 3 oz though.

Ice Cold

Ice Cold

Back to top Go down

Post  xtradark Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi Ice Cold,
Check out the Dyna bead web site, Lotta good info on there.
Jonno.
xtradark
xtradark

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Low Profile Tires - Page 2 Empty DynaBeads web site

Post  Ice Cold Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Thanks! That is a great idea!!! I should had thought of that!

Ice Cold

Ice Cold

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2