Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shebear where are you

5 posters

Go down

Shebear where are you Empty Shebear where are you

Post  jedishon Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:22 am

Anyone know if Shebear is okay. Haven't seen her post anything for a while.
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Shebear where are you Empty Re: Shebear where are you

Post  twin1300 Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:01 am

Yes, I miss here too! She's awesome and funny and adds a lot to our board!

But.......I happen to know she and hebear are moving his father in their home and having to make some renovations to make it happen. So, she has been busy!

.........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:43 pm

Still no shebear............ wats up wit dat? Suspect
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:45 pm

Gosh, it's nice to know I've been missed! We moved Greg's dad in with us yesterday. I sure hope we have done the right thing as his dad is much worse than I thought he was. He has no real memory left for both current or past memory. The house is still upside down with all the stuff we've been moving around. We have about 8 boxes of stuff that belongs to my son and all kinds of stuff of Dad's. On the up side, the living room is finally put together the way I wanted it to be and it looks great. I've got a large sculpture of a motorcycle that is spot lighted on one wall. I'll take a picture of it as soon as I find my camera again.

As for my health, I've been having a rough time. That's normal for this time of year because of the fronts coming through and the changes in barometric pressure. I saw one of my docs today and the results of my last CT Scan. I have a bit of scar tissue in my right lung from the pneumonia or whatever it was I had. I have two more tests scheduled in the next two weeks. I have that reflux disease and have been aspirating stomach acid almost nightly. So they are going to check out my esophagus and vocal chords because I get laryngitis when it happens.

I'll still be pretty busy for the next week or two. I'll try to get back to the board and say hi more often!

I miss all of you,
shebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Its great to hear from you. I wish you were feeling better. I hope the Doc can help. Come back more often!
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:55 pm

I will. Life has just caught up to me. I have to get some things finished with the move and do some sewing for my Sisters done in time to mail to the clubhouse before bike week. I am darn sure going to bike week.

Oh, and my tattoo is slowly healing. I don't care what anyone else says, I think one of the most painful places to get tattooed is on the inside of an elbow. It really didn't hurt while he was doing it, but I was already bruising before he was done. The healing time is really slow and I mean, really, really slow. It has been 3 and 1/2 weeks and it still isn't completely healed. It doesn't hurt any more, just itches like all get out.

I won't be such a stranger from now on.

Back to top Go down

Post  YoIdaho Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:27 pm

Ann---I sent you a pm ~M
YoIdaho
YoIdaho

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:43 pm

Shebear, everyone has been missing you. You kept things lively on this board. I am glad to know that your health was not the big issue. Twin said you were moving your father-in-law in with you and hebear. I hope you have someone to help with his care. It can get to be a tough job.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:50 am

It sure is nice to see you typing again. Mrs. D was taking care of her mother for 2 years, but we had to
put her in a home. She has alzhimers and was always mean and yelling, we just couldnt take it anymore
I think taking care of a parent is harder than taking care of a kid.
Looking forward to seeing that picture of your sculpture.
The weather will change pretty soon and hopefully your health will improve with it.
Thanks for the tip on where not to get a tattoo. Think I'll stick to the upper arm. With work saying no
visible tattoos alowed it works out okay anyway.
Did Hebear find a new job? I applied for one in Tampa and one in Naples. Havent heard anything, but
its only been a week. Newest grandson is in Tampa, and I really miss the weather and being able to
ride year round.
Keep us posted.
Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:40 am

I heard there's was a "shebear" sighting........ cheers

Glad you came by Ann, missed you bunches. You too Marlene!

......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:42 pm

twin1300 wrote:I heard there's was a "shebear" sighting........ cheers

Glad you came by Ann, missed you bunches. You too Marlene!

She wasn't just sighted. She spoke! Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:41 pm

Hi all!

I can't believe that moving Greg's dad in would be so complicated. I have always been a dictator when ever I've moved and have the whole deal worked out. I can move an entire house full of stuff to a new place and have a formal dinner party by the end of a week. I was not in charge this time and everything is just grand chaos. Greg's Dad has little to no memory and gets very confused about everything. Plus, he gets up a night and wanders around the house opening closets and cupboards. We have decided that we need to set up some kind of alarm system that will go off if he leaves the hallway to the main living areas. I will be looking in to getting respite care for us and any other home based services we need. The man is fixated on his checking account balance. He asks what his balance is at least 20 times a day.

Hebear isn't really looking for a job. He is setting up his own Photography business and discovering how time consuming taking care of his Dad is. Plus, he also has to take care of me and that is really difficult because he knows how much pain I am in. Lets just say that Friday and today are days I would prefer not to repeat, but know I will anyway.

I did get all the fabric and supplies I need so that and 3 doctor appointments next week will keep me busy. I will try to be online more as this is my escape. And I will be riding to get rid of some of this new stress. Shoot, for the past 7 years, I have been home alone the majority of the time. Now I have Hebear and Dad around 24/7. It is a big adjustment for me. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:47 pm

Glad you back girl.....You see, you are loved around here. Take care and I hope things slow down for you and hebear a little, so you can come play with us....hehehehe

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:32 am

Shebear, just remember to get some alone time. The adjustment will take some time getting used to. My secretary's hubby had a motorcycle accident about 4 mos. ago and its hard on her getting adjusted to him being home full time now. He is doing better and recently started driving himself to therapy. Hes still in a neck brace and has use of only one hand. He is battleing depression as he cannot do all the things that he used to. Hopefully as hes does more, it will lift his spirits.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:47 pm

Muntz wrote:Shebear, just remember to get some alone time. The adjustment will take some time getting used to. My secretary's hubby had a motorcycle accident about 4 mos. ago and its hard on her getting adjusted to him being home full time now. He is doing better and recently started driving himself to therapy. Hes still in a neck brace and has use of only one hand. He is battleing depression as he cannot do all the things that he used to. Hopefully as hes does more, it will lift his spirits.

I am so used to being alone. I really think this is the biggest adjustment I have to make. Greg's Dad reminds me of taking care of a 3 or 4 year old and is not a big deal to me. My favorite part of the day was between 1 am and 4 am. I would have insomnia and go out to the living room and read or do puzzles in the quiet. That's not an option now. We are "de crate training" the dogs since Magpie barks at anyone who comes down the hall at night. It's working, lol! I was still in a lot of pain this morning and had gone back to bed. Greg and his Dad were going somewhere and had crated both dogs. The dogs barked the entire time they were gone. They like sleeping on the couch better than on the pillows and blankets in the crates. I can hardly fault them for that.

I know how both sides of your secretary and her husband are experiencing. It is still depressing to me that I won't be able to work again. Most of the time I am okay with it, but there are times . . . Hebear's Dad is not as depressed as he used to be now that he is living with us and it is sooooo nice not having him call 20+ times a day. Tomorrow, I will get some riding time in. I have to have some speech evaluation to see if the gastric acid reflux has damaged my vocal chords. I wish I could just tell them yes and go straight to some kind of treatment. I know they are damaged because I lose my voice all the time. Oh well.

But, I do have a reason to go ride and that is a great thing to look forward to. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down