Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkside challenge in Cruiser magazine

+13
docbiggles
marang
Dapper
dond4605
13gator69
horseman8m
Larry Simpson
BigDarkster
Steve-O
Utah Motorcyclist
Badmoon
onei
hasbro56
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Darkside challenge in Cruiser magazine - Page 2 Empty Re: Darkside challenge in Cruiser magazine

Post  Oldsmobility Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:56 pm

YoIdaho wrote:
There is no way in H-E double toothpicks that anyone can make or take away someones choice to ride on a CT.good grunt!
bounce

You mean like how they can't make you wear a seatbelt in a car or wear a helmet? There are plenty of people who'd love to control every aspect of your life, and amazingly, they get to do it more and more everday, legally.

I don't like the sound of Zimmerman's article at all. He comes right out and says he doesn't condone darksiding, with zero experience. Then he goes on to say "Some [on these forums] dispute the facts provided by the tire manufacturers." What facts are being disputed by anyone on this forum? The fact that hard motorcycle tire rubber is more likely to break traction?

Speaking of facts, he has none to support his opposition to car tires on bikes. "I think I'll put my faith in the engineering staffs at Dunlop, Avon, and Metzler etc, and stick with motorcycle tires on my bikes." That doesn't sound like a very open minded opinion to me. Anyone who takes an honest look at the facts can see that a car tire is a superior choice for a cruiser.

Why would you prefer a smaller contact patch of harder rubber? That's no different than saying, I want to have less traction and be more likely to lose control of my bike, because this is how it came from the factory.
Oldsmobility
Oldsmobility

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Darkside challenge in Cruiser magazine - Page 2 Empty Re: Darkside challenge in Cruiser magazine

Post  Doc Rogers Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:27 pm

As I recall the writer has already replied to people personally and stated that he cannot endorse riding with a CT, however he had ridden with someone who had a CT and was impressed. (At least that is the official rumor on VTXOA)

I really think this is a dead horse that was buried out back and everyone at Cruiser magazine vowed to never speak of it again. Wink

Last edited by Doc Rogers on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Doc Rogers
Doc Rogers

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Darkside challenge in Cruiser magazine - Page 2 Empty RE DARKSIDE CHALLENGE IN CRUISER MAGAZINE

Post  Larry Simpson Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:20 pm

Oldsmobility wrote:
YoIdaho wrote:
There is no way in H-E double toothpicks that anyone can make or take away someones choice to ride on a CT.good grunt!
bounce

You mean like how they can't make you wear a seatbelt in a car or wear a helmet? There are plenty of people who'd love to control every aspect of your life, and amazingly, they get to do it more and more everday, legally.

I don't like the sound of Zimmerman's article at all. He comes right out and says he doesn't condone darksiding, with zero experience. Then he goes on to say "Some [on these forums] dispute the facts provided by the tire manufacturers." What facts are being disputed by anyone on this forum? The fact that hard motorcycle tire rubber is more likely to break traction?

Speaking of facts, he has none to support his opposition to car tires on bikes. "I think I'll put my faith in the engineering staffs at Dunlop, Avon, and Metzler etc, and stick with motorcycle tires on my bikes." That doesn't sound like a very open minded opinion to me. Anyone who takes an honest look at the facts can see that a car tire is a superior choice for a cruiser.

Why would you prefer a smaller contact patch of harder rubber? That's no different than saying, I want to have less traction and be more likely to lose control of my bike, because this is how it came from the factory.
#1111111,Finally Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation ,You have restored my faith in the younger generation with a little common sense Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum