Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

86 vt1100 parts wanted

Go down

86 vt1100 parts wanted Empty 86 vt1100 parts wanted

Post  OregonMike Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Not sure if this should be here or the classified (probably should just be in my sig now that I think about it), but if anybody knows of/has/runs across a good tranny (the transmission type, not the Tgirl type) or a good 3rd gear set for an 85 or 86 vt1100 I'd like to see about buying it. My bike was/is a project bike. It'd sat for 5+ years, spent 20 years in the Arizona sun outside. Lots of cosmetic issues that I don't really care about but not having a 3rd gear is kind of a PITA. My commute to work and any around-town driving really wants to be there.

I did find a full tranny on ebay for about $300. He sent me closeups of 3rd gear & all the dogs look good on it (the dogs are the problem on mine I'm pretty sure). I'm kind of loathe to throw $300-$500? (by the time I get done with gaskets/beers/pizza/burgers/beers/cam chains while we have it apart/other engine stuff as long as we've got the case split anyway/beer etc for a buddy who'll help me do it) at this problem seeing as how it's fairly easy to work around.

I keep an eye on ebay at least daily looking for any newly listed parts that fit this bike. I've scored a few deals on spares, not seeing any deals on transmissions though.

Thanks all,
Mike

OregonMike

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down