Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little over 300 miles today

4 posters

Go down

A little over 300 miles today Empty A little over 300 miles today

Post  smokey2255 Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:19 pm

I put right at 230 on mine and about 100 on some at the dealer. I rode 4 different wings and a valkyrie interstate. I know without a doubt what my next ride will be. I woulda been riding it home but the dealer tried to steal my scoot and acted like his was gold. Then to top it off the manager started telling me how the cartire won't handle how all it's good for is running straight down the highway. I told him I have run the dragon on it ... now get this .... he says "whatever, you couldn't run the blueridge parkway" to which i told him what a F____ing idiot he was, and he could stick his bikes and stick em all in his ass. Needless to say I will not be buying any bikes from them.
After riding mine for several hundred miles stripped down and solo'ed out it is time to put the fairing and bags back on it. The wind is cool when I am just putting around but .... putting around generally lasts about 2 miles then I twist the wick and ride that mofo like it's mine. So to help me enjoy the ride I will dress it back up.

Ohhhh .... which bike did I decide for my next ride???????

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

A little over 300 miles today Empty Re: A little over 300 miles today

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:37 pm

smokey2255 wrote:I put right at 230 on mine and about 100 on some at the dealer. I rode 4 different wings and a valkyrie interstate. I know without a doubt what my next ride will be. I woulda been riding it home but the dealer tried to steal my scoot and acted like his was gold. Then to top it off the manager started telling me how the cartire won't handle how all it's good for is running straight down the highway. I told him I have run the dragon on it ... now get this .... he says "whatever, you couldn't run the blueridge parkway" to which i told him what a F____ing idiot he was, and he could stick his bikes and stick em all in his ass. Needless to say I will not be buying any bikes from them.
After riding mine for several hundred miles stripped down and solo'ed out it is time to put the fairing and bags back on it. The wind is cool when I am just putting around but .... putting around generally lasts about 2 miles then I twist the wick and ride that mofo like it's mine. So to help me enjoy the ride I will dress it back up.

Ohhhh .... which bike did I decide for my next ride???????

See you out there
Smokey

I've rode the new 1800 Wings and I like them ...BUT ... For what they ask for a Wing you could buy ( 2 ) Valkyries and have bikes you could ride into your golden years Smile Plus all that tupperware is for old guys Smile

A little over 300 miles today Texas-BBQ-BeachRide056Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:13 pm

Low mile Valks are still out there here's one kinda close to you http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/mcy/1136107755.html
He may be asking about a grand too much but then again I can't count the Valkyries with over 100,000 that I've seen ...Well over 20 plus with 200,000 that I know of and one belongin' to VRCC member DDT with over 380,000 miles as far as I know he has the most on a Valk ...But somewhere out there they could be one that does'nt post on the internet .

A little over 300 miles today EasterMntRide4-12-09028Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:38 pm

I hear ya' Smoke! I hope you picked the Valk! I rode my brothers wing for about 3 weeks and loved it, but I still wanted my X back! If I had to choose between a wing or a Valk....Valkyrie! Too many gadgets for me! I felt like I was riding the space shuttle with the wing............ Laughing Laughing Laughing No offense brother, but I felt weird with all the knobs, and doo-hickies!

........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:00 am

The wing won it for me, I like the gadgets and do hickies. The wing just felt better balanced to me. They were about equal in power it felt like but the wing was more flickable and way more stable slow speed manuevering. The valk IS was fairly top heavy, nothing that cant be managed and I am sure I would get used to it too. They were both nice rides, I could go with either way but if I were buying today it would be a wing.

See youout there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:04 am

I know you dont like chrome, but that is a lot of tupperware.....Hope to see you on it someday.

Jerry
Oh ya, I would have thought you'd pick the Valk
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content