Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

300 + Today

5 posters

Go down

300 + Today Empty 300 + Today

Post  VTXRon Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:05 pm

Got up Saturday morning and it was 51 outside. The wife said it was too cold for her - we left our house went up to Ocala and down to St. Petersburg - to the Masonic Home with a small group to meet up with a large group. What an awesome day it turned out to be. A large bobcat took a fast run across the interstate in front of our group and made to the Northbound lane. Then saw wild hogs and turkeys. Our c/t made for good riding on the interstate and of course on the back country roads on the way home. The weather was fabulous after the sun came up and just a great Saturday ride. Knew we had been gone all day but did not realize until we got home and started to add up the miles that we had been over 300 miles. Ready to start putting in the big miles now that spring is here.
VTXRon
VTXRon

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

300 + Today Empty Re: 300 + Today

Post  jedishon Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:10 pm

Ron your right. It is that time of year again. I've been getting 300-500 miles in each weekend.....One of these days I'm gonna go some place.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:24 pm

I dont know how yall yankees do it. 51 degrees I start thinking about a coat. Ha ha. Bet yall are some happy now. My problem is I have to go offshore and dream about riding when the weather is nice. I did get in right under 1500 miles this month, but now that oil is up in cost it is Hi-Ho off to work I go.

Ride safe but ride. Blessings

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:38 pm

next time you are up near i-75 close to the Georgia line let me know , I'll ride with you.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  VTXRon Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:56 pm

Moon - definitely no Yankees here. It was all we could do to ride in 51 degrees. My wife said she felt like the Michelin Man she had so many layers on....she also told me that until it was 75 degrees at least we would not ride before 10:00am. We don't do the cold. But it finally got to 71 at about 2:00 in the afternoon.....we will think about you tho out there when we ride - we'll ride for you in spirit, brother!! Stay safe out there!

Horseman - you got a deal.....our daughter is graduating college in May and then we finally get to start doing some "fun" stuff for us.....But will take you up on that.....just went to NC in the cage to pick up new son-in-law from USMC boot camp and decided that it would be nice to take the bike and go up to Charlotte or somewhere up there.

Jerry - sometimes those rides to nowhere are just as fun as the ones to an actual destination. Very Happy

Ride safe - Ron
VTXRon
VTXRon

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

300 + Today Empty 51?

Post  Ghenghisron Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:46 am

LOL I can't wait for it to get an even stable 45 !! I am so excited about getting the darkside, I just see what the afternoon/evening temps are. I work a 12 hour shift. I rode in to work today, 31 degrees. would have been fine, but my cheap scorpion helmet decided to not open the vents to clear the visor, had to ride the 25 miles with visor up an inch. THAT got just a tad cold, lol. Supposedly, next week, our overnight temps will stay in the high 40's, can't wait!

The more miles I get on this tire, the more I like it.

Keep the chrome up, and the rubber down.

Ron.
Ghenghisron
Ghenghisron

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down