Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Converted a coworker today

4 posters

Go down

Converted a coworker today Empty Converted a coworker today

Post  Toasted_311 Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:11 pm

Well, after going back and forth on which tire to get, how much etc etc etc to the point I was gonna steal his bike and slap a tire on it to have him quit calling me 2-3 times every day I mounted a General Altimax 205/60/16 on a coworker's Valk Interstate today.

Rear wheel removal is a royal PITA but worth it once I got to test drive it for the better part of the after noon. Told him I needed to break the tire in for him . Cool

I'll have to take some pics later, he won't be joining the site since he doesn't have a computer at home.

Omg...i've ridden a Valk short periods..usually under 20 minutes and never had time to get really settled into one. I did today...now to find one. Very Happy

That flat six is a friggin freight train. My little butt was all behind the shield/fairing too...stereo was nice to have thumping some rock too. cheers
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Converted a coworker today Empty Re: Converted a coworker today

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:06 am

more money to spend!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:54 am

I've had most all of them Harley, Goldwings , Sport bikes, V-Max etc....The Valkyrie IMO is the best motorcycle ever made and Honda dropped the ball big time when they stopped building them.I'm not the only one that feels that way I know several folks that own more than one . The highest miles I know of is on a 1997 Tourer it belongs to VRCC member DDT and has right at 400,000 miles on it now and he claims its still a sweet ride. Hope you took care of the drive-shaft and splines while you had the wheel off that is the # 1 weak link on the Valk and needs attention at least every 12,000 miles. Been a bunch of them fried while runnin' the high mileage car tires.If you have a jack and Valk stand its nothing to remove the rear wheel and you get better with time.
Converted a coworker today 3Valks005Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 am

Guys you aren't supposed to let every one know...Now there will be more looking for the bike I want...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down