Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[b]DG Hard Krome 3 Inch Big Straights[/b]

5 posters

Go down

[b]DG Hard Krome 3 Inch Big Straights[/b] Empty [b]DG Hard Krome 3 Inch Big Straights[/b]

Post  slikdj Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:51 pm

I have been running DG Hard Krome 3 Inch Big Straights with baffles on my 03 VTX-R 1800 since the bike was new. I plan on installing a bar mounted music system this summer. cheers

If anyone out there has these pipes you know how loud they are. I do love that sound. However, they are way too loud for me to comfortably hear the music. That is unless I spend mucho bucks.

Last week I re-installed the stock exhaust system. Now instead for roaring like a Lion affraid it purrs like a Kitten Sleep . Kind of like from one extreme to another.

I would like to find pipes sort of in the middle of the two extremes. Does anyone know of after market pipes that will give good performance and not blow my ears off? Twisted Evil

Gerry
slikdj
slikdj

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

[b]DG Hard Krome 3 Inch Big Straights[/b] Empty Re: [b]DG Hard Krome 3 Inch Big Straights[/b]

Post  wayne Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:19 pm

You could probley make diferant baffles for them. I make all my own baffels. A muffler shop that know what they are doing can also make them.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

[b]DG Hard Krome 3 Inch Big Straights[/b] Empty Re: [b]DG Hard Krome 3 Inch Big Straights[/b]

Post  wayne Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:20 pm

Are y ou thinking about selling them?

wayne

Back to top Go down

[b]DG Hard Krome 3 Inch Big Straights[/b] Empty DG Hard Krome 3 Inch Big Straights with Baffles

Post  slikdj Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:34 pm

I have tried 2 sets of baffels still too much noise. I plan on hanging on to them till I get something I am satisfied with.

Gerry
slikdj
slikdj

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:21 pm

let me know if u decide to sell them.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:36 pm

I could always take my Cobra slip-on's off and trade ya for them............. It's twice as loud as the stock and yet I can hear my XM radio with no trouble at all. I can't complain about the price I paid for them since my brother got them for me for my b-day when I got my x in '05. Think the main thing is to take a look at the different types of pipes and see if anyone around you has them to listen to them and see how they look instlled.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:02 am

slikdj wrote:I have been running DG Hard Krome 3 Inch Big Straights with baffles on my 03 VTX-R 1800 since the bike was new. I plan on installing a bar mounted music system this summer. cheers

If anyone out there has these pipes you know how loud they are. I do love that sound. However, they are way too loud for me to comfortably hear the music. That is unless I spend mucho bucks.

Last week I re-installed the stock exhaust system. Now instead for roaring like a Lion affraid it purrs like a Kitten Sleep . Kind of like from one extreme to another.

I would like to find pipes sort of in the middle of the two extremes. Does anyone know of after market pipes that will give good performance and not blow my ears off? Twisted Evil

Gerry

Gerry build your own! I did! Nothing to it!... Very Happy I felt the same way you did...I wanted something between the two extreme's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN05O2_dvIs

I got pics of the build I think around here somewhere!

..........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:15 am

There ya go Twin. I was not sure if you had finished them.

Off topic how is Acy doing?

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down