Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's been fun, but I must be moving on

+8
Larry Simpson
twin1300
lizard
Toasted_311
Badmoon
jedishon
smokey2255
gstanfield
12 posters

Go down

It's been fun, but I must be moving on Empty It's been fun, but I must be moving on

Post  gstanfield Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:07 pm

Well, I'll still hang around here if you'll let me, but the VTX is soon to get a new home and I am soon to get a new mistress. As much as I like the VTX I have been longing for somthing with more sport and a better riding position for some time now. The cruiser, legs forward thign just hurts my back after some time, while a sport touring bike fits so much better (contrary to what a lot of cruiser riders would believe) The bike I am about 99% ready to buy is a 2009 Triumph Sprint ST. It is a lot lighter, double the power and half again the range on a tank of fuel. I will be getting it in ABS with heated grips and it comes with hard bags stock that remove for a very sexy looking sport bike IMHO. I am pretty much sold on it and the single sided rear swingarm/wheel combo is one of the sexiest around to me. I wish I could keep the VTX to lug around a trailer when I need it, but one day I will pick up a used valk or older wing for trailer towing duties and have my sprint for my normal 15k a year riding.

For those who are unfamiliar with them, here are a couple of pics I stole from the triumph forum.

It's been fun, but I must be moving on 27729211

and another

It's been fun, but I must be moving on 42266x10

I will be getting mine in the red most likely, although being myself I know it will have custom paint on it the first winter Smile

also, no I will not be putting a car tire on it, as it will not be a drag bike and it will see some serious lean angles on a regular basis.

OK, feel free to tell me I am crazy, I'll still love ya all. Very Happy
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

It's been fun, but I must be moving on Empty Re: It's been fun, but I must be moving on

Post  smokey2255 Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:20 pm

Crazy, looks like a fun ride cheers Enjoy it. Don't be a stranger around these parts. We have kinda gotten used to your mug. Well okay..... we toletate it affraid affraid
Enjoy the new scoot George.
How are them twins doing? Have not heard an update in a while. expect some pics too.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

It's been fun, but I must be moving on Empty Re: It's been fun, but I must be moving on

Post  gstanfield Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:21 pm

Twins are doing great, been keeping me reallt busy so I havn't been online near as much as I used to. Well, that and playing Call of Duty : World at war on my next X-360 almost every night Rolling Eyes My wife says I'm still a kid and I hope she's right cause it's more fun to be a kid.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:32 pm

Like Smokey said, kind of used to seeing you around here, and that is a sweet looking bike. But we do need pics of the twins.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:35 pm

Cool bike man.
Thanks for all you advice and hope that you stick around. I do not have the mindset to have a bike like that. Long story but for those that do.
Go-Head with your bad self. Post pics of it when you get her. Post some pics of the twins too. Thanks for the update tho.

Peace.
Moon.
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Cool looking ride.

Any chance you got a seamless tank left for the X? Cool
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:26 pm

Just the one one it. I'll make you a smoking deal. $5,000 and I throw in the rest of the bike for free. Very Happy

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  lizard Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:35 pm

Nice choice. I have a America with about 40,000 miles on her and absolutly no issues at all. The guys I know that ride the Sprint have got some serious miles on them. When we ride with these guys we ride the Venture. A vertical twin can't keep up with them.

lizard

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:48 am

George,

You know you don't have to ride a darkside to be here! Darkside is an attitude, not a physical tire!

You have been one of the best friends on here and I myself would love for you to hang around....... Very Happy

...............................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

It's been fun, but I must be moving on Empty RE IT HAS BEEN FUN BUT I MUST BE MOVING ON

Post  Larry Simpson Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:09 am

Yeah,I would think if Moon can do it so can you. cheers
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:46 am

Larry Simpson wrote:Yeah,I would think if Moon can do it so can you. cheers

Bwwwhahahahahaha............ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

..........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:06 pm

George: My money says it will be 10k miles and two mc tires before you figure out how to darkside that bike....we'll have a forum for you when you return! Seriously, I got a lot out of your comments other than darkside stuff. Besides, you are the only guy I know from Wyoming (like who the hell lives there!) and I plan on riding that way one of these days....
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:30 pm

Easy now.

but when you are right, your right
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Badmoon wrote:

Easy now.

but when you are right, your right

Moons a big fella.....I'm gonna wait until he goes off shore again before I comment..... :cyclops: Laughing Laughing

.......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

It's been fun, but I must be moving on Empty RE IT HAS BEEN FUN BUT I MUST BE MOVING ON

Post  Larry Simpson Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:57 pm

I was counting on him being a big fella, figured I could out run him.so I guess you think he can't swim huh affraid affraid
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:01 am

Larry Simpson wrote:I was counting on him being a big fella, figured I could out run him.so I guess you think he can't swim huh affraid affraid

Well it would not take much to outrun me. I dont run anymore. Besides you are right. I was hear a long time before going dark. So I cant say anything.
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:30 am

Badmoon wrote:
Larry Simpson wrote:I was counting on him being a big fella, figured I could out run him.so I guess you think he can't swim huh affraid affraid

Well it would not take much to outrun me. I dont run anymore. Besides you are right. I was hear a long time before going dark. So I cant say anything.

Moon,

You are the best.................... Very Happy

....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wrongway Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:16 pm

gstanfield wrote:
also, no I will not be putting a car tire on it, as it will not be a drag bike and it will see some serious lean angles on a regular basis.

OK, feel free to tell me I am crazy, I'll still love ya all. Very Happy

dont let that stop ya ... I am thinking about putting one on my ZZR :-)

It's been fun, but I must be moving on 2026512deals-gap10

Roy
wrongway
wrongway

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:29 am

Shorts and Tennis shoes????? Doh... Sweet ride.
Ride safe.
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:34 pm

Shorts and tennis shoes. Ouch. My right leg is burning and the toes on my left foot are throbbing just thinking about it.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  wrongway Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:13 pm

like george said , sport touring bikes are more comfortable :-)

Roy
wrongway
wrongway

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:11 am

wrongway wrote:like george said , sport touring bikes are more comfortable :-)

Roy

Not sure for me...I used to own a goldwing and now my X. I think I like my X better!

........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:44 pm

now that is an ugly bike .... just joking Very Happy
it doesn't matter what bike you ride you are welcome here with or without a ct,
the darkside is in the mind, to try something first before saying "it can't be done"
and finding out for yourself the lies and the truth, Yes the darkside is not for everyone
and yes it's not for every bike, but you were and will always be the Darkside Grabber.
have fun , stop by and chat with us when you can George,

your friend
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down