Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And another new darksider

4 posters

Go down

And another new darksider Empty And another new darksider

Post  rc5658 Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:12 am

Ordered a Dunlop SP5000 195/60R-16 for my 08 Nomad. Should be delivered today....and hopefully installed tomorrow.

This will be a new experience for me. Almost installed CT on my last bike (Harley) but just could not make up my mind.
After reading all threads from various forums on CT's, decided the SP seems to be a popular choice and size for a Nomad.

Any advise and words of wisdom would be welcome.

rc5658

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

And another new darksider Empty Re: And another new darksider

Post  Goose Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:40 pm

Great, I just got through installing my 205/65-16 Faulken on my 07 NAD, wouldn't recommend putting that size on to anyone, its TOOOO close to the driveshaft tube, I"ll have to repaint my drivetube when I go back with my next CT. Handles GREAT but TOOOO much tire on my bike someone else had put a 205/60-16 on theirs, and said they had about 3 credit cards thickness on theirs, my tire, a 65 series is a little taller than a 60 series but shouldn't be any wider. Don't know who the 1st person was that tried this, but I would imagine they said something like (Hold my beer and WA'CHISS What a Face ) Anyway hope you enjoy that new CT, I know I LIKE mine! [ 🤡 GOOSE] And another new darksider GOINGDARKSIDEGHANGINGTIRES018-1 And another new darksider GOINGDARKSIDEGHANGINGTIRES017
Goose
Goose

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://kawanow.proboards77.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

And another new darksider Empty RE AND ANOTHER DARKSIDER

Post  Larry Simpson Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:06 pm

I don't know how I missed this,I am the one that put on the 205-60-16 on the 05 nomad,was none of the hold my beer and watch this,gytt has 1 credit card clearance been on for 2 years and has never touched.as I have stated before actual tire sizes vary from one tire manufacturer to the next. lol! lol!
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:04 pm

Larry Simpson wrote:..............as I have stated before actual tire sizes vary from one tire manufacturer to the next. lol! lol!

That is so true.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down