Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

turn signals and high beams stopped working

3 posters

Go down

turn signals and high beams stopped working Empty turn signals and high beams stopped working

Post  02Shadow600 Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:26 pm

Hello everyone...
I have a 2002 Honda Shadow 600cc.
As I mentioned in the subject line, the turn signals stopped working, along with my high beams and speedometer light.

I am guessing maybe a fuse blew? Will someone walk me through which fuse I need to replace? Else, any ideas how I can get this fixed so I can pass my inspection and stop using my arms as signals?

Thanks.

Also, unrelated... most car tires are not symmetrically treaded... I would think this is probably desirable?

Also, additionally, if I am not going to be mounting and balancing a car tire, will I run in to problems trying to find a shop that will do it for me?

Fourthly, I am seeing that 195/60/r15 tires would be a good fit, but this seems big to me. the wheel is spoked and I have not a clue as to whether or not it is tubeless. I have also seen that a popular recommendation is the 165 VW beetle tire... this seems about the right size... the OEM size is 170/80/15b (not sure what the B means... maybe "bike"...hmm I will stop writing now as my ignorance is shining brighter by the letter.)

Thanks for all the help!
02Shadow600
02Shadow600

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

turn signals and high beams stopped working Empty clarification:

Post  02Shadow600 Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:32 pm

*I will be installing a car tire, but will likely not do it myself, unless its possibly to balance a tire without any special equipment (I DO have a torque wrench!, but other than that I have only changed my own oil, air filters, spark plugs, and tightened my chain)

Also, regarding the fourthly line - I am seeking input... I meant to write something like "does anybody have any thoughts?" or "any ideas?"
02Shadow600
02Shadow600

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

turn signals and high beams stopped working Empty Re: turn signals and high beams stopped working

Post  Steve-O Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Don't know about the lights. www.hondashadow.net might be a better place to find info on your bike. I would suspect a fuse and it wouldn't take much to check.

Symetry is desired from a "looks" point of view, but functionally, it doesn't matter. My tire is mostly symetrical, but not like a triple tread. Works just fine.

Most bike shops will change your tire. Dealers are doing more of these without question. Can you pull the wheel off?

There is a thread on how to balance your tire yourself in the vt1100 section. Pictures included. dyna beads are the way to go long term.

I believe Otis 56 has the same bike. He's got 2k on his tire. He'll probably pipe up shortly, but PM him if you need the info fast. Really nice guy.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

turn signals and high beams stopped working Empty Re: turn signals and high beams stopped working

Post  ttexastim Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:03 pm

The easiest way to balance a tire is to not use anything super greasy to seat the tire, and then use dynabeads.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down