Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally have access to the internet

4 posters

Go down

Finally have access to the internet Empty Finally have access to the internet

Post  cerooth Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:41 pm

Made it down to FL with little to no problems until I got here. The moving company didn't show up until a week later and even when I could have a real bed to sleep in most of my stuff was torn up. My desk was destroyed, new chips in the rest of my furniture were found, and sadly my bike too a beating. I had to ship my bike since my truck was full of my kitchen and I didn't have a towing package on it (I don't trust my bumper to tow a trailer and bike). My windshield was cracked from top to bottom, my mirors were all twisted, a few of my elictrical cables were ripped out from thier but-splice, my highway pegs loosened and contorted, and my rear fender to some damage as well. What a Face pale Sad

Needless to say I wasn't happy, the good news is that I can still ride. My bike was suppose to be crated and it looks like that never happened, so I have to wait for the movers to cough up the money to pay for the repairs. It's fun to ride for three years with a windshield and to learn to ride without one again. The damage to the bikes sounds worse then what it is so in that aspect I lucked out big time, but it doesn't allow the moving company to get off the hook.

I'll post pics when I can get my computer back up and running. I asked a few of the instructors at MMI (Motorcycle Mechanics Institute) and riding on the dark side and was pleasently surprised when they answered. Most already know it's being done in many applications from regular riding to drag racing. Makes me wonder how many on here work for MMI.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Finally have access to the internet Empty Re: Finally have access to the internet

Post  jedishon Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:55 pm

The moving company should pay for all the damage, not only to the bike but the furniture also. They have insurance to handle that stuff. If the bike was supposed to be crated and wasn't it sounds like you have some kind of a refund coming also. Dont let them get away with any thing...
Other than that ..... Its good to see you back online....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Finally have access to the internet Empty Re: Finally have access to the internet

Post  twin1300 Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:09 am

Cerooth,

Sorry to hear about all that, I hope they shipping company makes it all good! Glad you made it safe! Let us know how it goes when you get in school.

......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:56 am

Sorry about the scoot. Those things can be fixed. Glad yall made it ok. Hope the school thing treats you well.

Peace and blessings
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down