Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1800N----205/60R16 Clearance?

2 posters

Go down

1800N----205/60R16  Clearance? Empty 1800N----205/60R16 Clearance?

Post  Darbre Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:43 am

Good morning

I'm so close to stepping into the Darkside that I can taste it. Smile

I've read so much about it that I need clarification on a couple of things.

1. Dynabeads. I seem to remember someone saying that you should wait to install them. To let the mounting lubricant dry. True?

2. Mounting the wheel on the bike. The N model has that full rear fender. It was tight getting a 200/60 Metz in there. I seem to remember a post that said that after seating the bead on the wheel, the tire had to be de-flated to get it mounted in the bike. True? And, are there any other mounting tips that would make the job easier? I've decided on a Goodyear Triple Tread as my tire.

3. Will a couple of you guys with N models check for clearance please? It looks like the two really tight places are the helmet lock, and the drive shaft. Let me know how many "credit cards" clearance you've got.

4. Tire pressure. I've seen posts that range from 32 to 41. Where would be a good stating point?

Thanks guys (gals too). If you hear a loud noise approaching, it's only me on my new "dark" tire. Shocked

Darbre

Darbre

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

1800N----205/60R16  Clearance? Empty Re: 1800N----205/60R16 Clearance?

Post  twin1300 Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:15 am

Darbre wrote:Good morning

I'm so close to stepping into the Darkside that I can taste it. Smile You will love it!

I've read so much about it that I need clarification on a couple of things.

1. Dynabeads. I seem to remember someone saying that you should wait to install them. To let the mounting lubricant dry. True? We have done it both ways, pouring them straight in while it's half on the rim and added them later.

2. Mounting the wheel on the bike. The N model has that full rear fender. It was tight getting a 200/60 Metz in there. I seem to remember a post that said that after seating the bead on the wheel, the tire had to be de-flated to get it mounted in the bike. True? And, are there any other mounting tips that would make the job easier? I've decided on a Goodyear Triple Tread as my tire. Just deflated the tire and it should go right in!

3. Will a couple of you guys with N models check for clearance please? It looks like the two really tight places are the helmet lock, and the drive shaft. Let me know how many "credit cards" clearance you've got.

4. Tire pressure. I've seen posts that range from 32 to 41. Where would be a good stating point? What ever the tire manufacture suggest is a good starting point. After that try 5 psi at a time to you match what you like to your riding style! I usually find the manufacture psi is close!

Thanks guys (gals too). If you hear a loud noise approaching, it's only me on my new "dark" tire. Shocked

Darbre

Let us know what you get the deed done and post some pics and after a 500 to 1000 miles, come give us a complete riding impression? Congrats on your decison!

.......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down