Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I ride darkside, can I install a hitch.

+3
DEFREEZER
wayne
wiggans50cal
7 posters

Go down

I ride darkside, can I install a hitch. Empty I ride darkside, can I install a hitch.

Post  wiggans50cal Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:06 pm

I run a 205/70-15 general grabber UHP and LOVE IT, never going back to a m/t. If general keeps making this tire I will never change the size or model either. ITS THAT GOOD!!!! I am putting money together for accessories like crash bars, a fairing, BADX seat, backrest, and a trailer for a trip coming up this summer. To pull a trailer I need a hitch, so I dont know if my tire will allow clearance for a hitch setup because I have not got a chance to look at an X with a hitch on it. What do you guys think about this? Have you seen a darksider run a hitch? If so, what brand and where do I find it? Thank all you guys for your help!!

wiggans50cal

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

I ride darkside, can I install a hitch. Empty Re: I ride darkside, can I install a hitch.

Post  wiggans50cal Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:15 pm

and btw, i forgot to mention that i would like a hitch setup to mount UNDER my fender, not on the outside, thanks again.

wiggans50cal

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

I ride darkside, can I install a hitch. Empty Re: I ride darkside, can I install a hitch.

Post  wayne Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:40 pm

Thats a good question. I dont know if anyone is running a hitch with a 205-70 tire, or a 205-65.
Ive never seen on in person, just pictures of the Grabber, or a hitch.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  DEFREEZER Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:55 am

I am also running the 205 Grabber, feel the same as you about it. Planing a trip to the Grand canyon early summer and would like to have a hitch as well. this is the only one i have found so far. http://www.customcruiserchrome.com/ it is not hidden at all but should be real easy to remove when not needed. i asked the folks if a wide tire would cause a problem, they said it should not. if you find a better hitch let me know.
DEFREEZER
DEFREEZER

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  TennX Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:58 pm

There a guy who post on the VTXOA who is running a 205 with a hidden hitch but I believe he made it himself, I believe he goes by Mike OK. good luck
TennX
TennX

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Green Valley Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:47 am

If this is what you're looking for here's the web link.

http://www.dauntlessmotors.com/hitch-pages/hondahitches.htm

I ride darkside, can I install a hitch. HondavtxhitchinstflierB4_04
Big Green Valley
Big Green Valley

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-03

https://www.youtube.com/user/biggreenvalley?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Mmm, looks good, but no good for me Wink
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  arch01 Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:01 am

I bought a hitch online and was in the process of installing it when I noticed the wear indicators on my MC tire. I told myself that his is the last MC tire I was going to by, 8k is just too few miles, not to mention the other pros. So, now I am looking for a gytt. The thing is, the hitch I bought was designed by some fool and, while made out of good materials, the design is crap. I'm going to have to modify the hitch for my likings anyway. In the process I want to make sure the hitch can fit around the gytt so I can be a tailpulling darksider. Not sure if I've thanked you guys in the past, but Thanks for all of the info. I'll post here and keep you guys updated on how it works out. BTW the hitch I bought was from http://www.hitchusa.com Don't be fooled, these guys may be in the US, however they do not make the hitch I bought, it was made in canada and, like I said, very poorly designed. The dauntless hitch looks like a better made hitch. Either way, I believe that I can make it work out with some carefully applied force (bending), a little drilling, and some welding.

Wish me luck.

arch01

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:59 am

You're sure it wasn't www.Bitchusa.com ?
Laughing
Good Luck with it as well as the CT !
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down