Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Added one to the stable

5 posters

Go down

Added one to the stable Empty Added one to the stable

Post  smokey2255 Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:29 am

Added a new scoot the stable yesterday. Well okay not a new one but another one. It is an 85 Suzuki Madura. This bike and the man that rode it is the reason I ride today.

First the bike ... The Madura is a V4 1200cc screamer. Suzi took their 1200cc race motor and put it on a cruiser frame.
It is shaft driven
Water cooled
V4
Twin front disc brake
Rear Disk
It was only made for 2 years then Suzuki detuned it and called it a Marauder.
Took 2 years to figure out that this bike was way too fast and ahead of it’s time for the general population with it being on a cruiser.

The Man .. My Uncle bought the bike new in 85 and rode the hell out of it. I remember as a kid sitting at the lake (summer retreat the family had) just far enough away that the adults didn’t think I could hear but I was all ears listening to the stories they were sharing. Uncle Johnny always had riding stories and always had fast cool bikes. Listening to him talk about the rides the crap that happens on the road, laying em down. Flat out crashing em, breaking this bone riding this one at work ..... sitting there thinking (in awe) “Uncle Johnny is so freakin cool”. Always looking forward to when he would get up and shout out “who wants a ride” There would be a line of us ready to go. He always made sure we all got a turn on it then he would start drinking his beer. Case a day easy and never get drunk. He worked hard .. He lived hard and he drank hard. Super cool guy

Well about a month ago I got an Email from my cousin asking if I would be interested in the bike. Uncle Johnny gave Will the bike about 8 years ago when he decided he was to old to ride it anymore. He was 70 at the time.
I jumped on the offer and yesterday went to pick it up. The bike has been sitting since 2001 so it needs some love and affection poured into it.

Rust in the tank
Carbs rebuilt
New tires
oils and lubes
Yup It is a project bike ..... but so gonna be worth the time and effort.

Pics to come later

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Added one to the stable Empty Re: Added one to the stable

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:16 pm

I could'nt remember what they looked like so I did a search. I had a Yamaha V-Max last part of 85 or early 86 it was the first year for the V-Max. I still think about that bike from time to time . Good luck Larry on the re-store and I hope we get to hook-up in 2009 for another ride.
Added one to the stable Madura4_925Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Found this also and thought I'd share with the class Smile
Added one to the stable Madura3_925Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:42 pm

Thats the bike Joe, Thanks for finding the add too. My Uncle has told me just about the same thing the add says. Thinking about it he must still have that add memorized.
No doubt about it Joe, iffin the lord willing and the creek don't rise we will definately share the wind in 2009

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:39 pm

smokey2255 wrote:the lord willing and the creek don't rise
Smokey

Thats a good bike Smokey. I was looking for one myself. Either that or a V65 Magna. Have fun with it brother.......... I have liked that saying since the first time I heard it.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:07 pm

Anyone taking bets which one gets running first. His Zuki 1200 or my V45? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nice bike and good memories tied to it too I see.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Toasted_311 wrote:Anyone taking bets which one gets running first. His Zuki 1200 or my V45? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

We had a race on getting the foots mod done and smoking the tire off the bike ..... so far I am 2 and 0 Very Happy Shocked Twisted Evil Twisted Evil .... Looking forward to riding this one down one day to do lunch Toasted. After lunch we can swing by your place and look at yours in boxes Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil cheers

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:47 am

One of these days I want to get an older bike that's in good condition. They look like a lot of fun. Might just buy a new bike and keep it till it get's really old!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:56 pm

smokey2255 wrote:
Toasted_311 wrote:Anyone taking bets which one gets running first. His Zuki 1200 or my V45? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

We had a race on getting the foots mod done and smoking the tire off the bike ..... so far I am 2 and 0 Very Happy Shocked Twisted Evil Twisted Evil .... Looking forward to riding this one down one day to do lunch Toasted. After lunch we can swing by your place and look at yours in boxes Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil cheers

See you out there
Smokey

Evil or Very Mad

I think I've got the electrical grimlin figured out. Might have it running this week if I can get another battery. Twisted Evil
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down