Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dallas - Amarillo - Big Bend State Park - Dallas

2 posters

Go down

Dallas - Amarillo - Big Bend State Park - Dallas Empty Dallas - Amarillo - Big Bend State Park - Dallas

Post  Steve-O Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:38 am

My 50th birthday is coming up. I'd originally planned on a "ride around texas", but thought this trip might be better in the summer when there is more daylight hours. Instead, I'm going halfway round texas.

Leaving early Thursday, and home by 6pm on Monday hopefully.

Headed to Amarillo on 12/18. Getting a tour tank installed
Spending the night and headed to Fort Davis State Park. Not sure if I'm going through new mexico (Roswell) or west texas via palo duro canyon just yet. The weather will tell me which way to go.

Big bend will be Sat and Sun nights. Going to do a lot of riding a picture taking.

Headed back to Dallas on Monday, sweeping by the top of the hill country.

Camping the whole way. Taking lots of clothes. Doing it alone as there appears to be a conflicting holiday that prevents most sane people from doing this.

I'll take lot's of pictures!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Dallas - Amarillo - Big Bend State Park - Dallas Empty Therapy!

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:15 pm

Steve,

sounds like fun...wish i could go with you....

I'd like to do the Ride 'round Texas with you this late spring or summer... Whay say you?

David W.

p.s. what ever became of your bike issue.
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Dallas - Amarillo - Big Bend State Park - Dallas Empty Re: Dallas - Amarillo - Big Bend State Park - Dallas

Post  Steve-O Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:01 pm

I'm in. April/May or late Sept/Oct. I'll send you my original round texas route. I opted out of round texas...just too unpredictable weatherwise. Spring or fall would be better. I may have to rent a wing to keep up with you! 3,300 miles...
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Dallas - Amarillo - Big Bend State Park - Dallas Empty Re: Dallas - Amarillo - Big Bend State Park - Dallas

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:25 pm

I'm thinking about doing my SS1000 just before Christmas or just after Christmas.... We'll see. I've got some days off .... Mandatory days from work.... Schucks! Very Happy

I am planning on my trip from Ennis to South Padre and back via a trip thru Houston or around there since I'm on the I-45 Corridor anyways... We'll see how it goes and I will report....

Wife says, "Go For It"
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:02 pm

It's 1,500 miles from Dallas to Sturgis via I-25! My plan is to do that next Spring....maybe.

The Round Texas ride will be fun. 3,300 miles! Let's do this when the gulf coast state parks open up again...sometime in 2009.

If my half Texas ride get's too cold, I have an alternate hill country route planned. Lot's of state parks there to stay at....

so many rides, so little time
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down