Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dynabead gurus

5 posters

Go down

dynabead gurus Empty dynabead gurus

Post  TennX Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:01 pm

I just got the dynabeads, the chart calls for 200mm=2oz's and my 110=1oz, do you guys use the recommended or do you fudge a little, my line of thinking is a little more is better. Thanks

Phil
TennX
TennX

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

dynabead gurus Empty Re: dynabead gurus

Post  Steve-O Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:05 pm

Less is bad, more is good.
Generally, I balance my tire and ride it 500 miles before installing dyanbeads...just to dry up the inside. If it took 1.5 oz to balance the tire, it will take 1.5 oz of dynabeads to balance it. If you have a dry tire, then put in the recommended amout. You can put in a little more, but not a any less. If you ride and it's still a bit out of balance, you can always add more. I wouldn't go way over the recommended amount.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  battoo Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:18 pm

So you take the weights off after you have the tire balanced and add the beads ?
battoo
battoo

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:49 pm

Just put the beads in when you mount the tire. Ride it and don't worry about it. More is better (within reason)

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:40 pm

battoo wrote:So you take the weights off after you have the tire balanced and add the beads ?
Yes. When you put the beads in, you remove the weights, polish the rim, and ride on....

smokey2255 wrote:Just put the beads in when you mount the tire. Ride it and don't worry about it. More is better (within reason) Smokey
When I do it (with DS-Wing-Nut) we use (a lot of) vegetable oil to get the bead to seat. I wait 500 miles before I put the beads in. It gives enough time for the oil to dissapperate. If you have a professional do it, they don't use all the oil and you can put the beads in immediately. If there is goop in the tire, the beads won't be free floating and wont' balance the tire....this is my experience.

This sunday, I'll put a new front tire on. We won't use hardly any oil, and i'll put the beads in when I put the tire on...no weights.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  TennX Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:12 pm

Many thanks for the info, my tires are already mounted, Ive got a 1800C rim that came with a brand new 200metz, if I wasnt so cheep I would be going darkside, hopefully next tire change. thanks again
TennX
TennX

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  WildThng Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:35 pm

4 oz. in the rear and 2 oz. in the front...
Perfect balance 0 - 90 MPH.

WildThng

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down