Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any darkside metrics or sport bikes?

+3
Muntz
Steve-O
CWCobra
7 posters

Go down

Any darkside metrics or sport bikes? Empty Any darkside metrics or sport bikes?

Post  CWCobra Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:39 pm

I have a CT on my Honda VTX 1300, and am very happy with it. I also have a Suzuki Hayabusa, and am wondering: has anyone ever tried a CT on a sport bike?

CW

CWCobra

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Any darkside metrics or sport bikes? Empty Re: Any darkside metrics or sport bikes?

Post  Steve-O Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:10 pm

Yes. Forget who, but his picture was on the background for awhile.....
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Any darkside metrics or sport bikes? Empty Re: Any darkside metrics or sport bikes?

Post  Muntz Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:18 pm

Its wrongway.

WRONGWAY - 205 BFGOODRICH ZR17 - SPORTBIKE/DRAGBIKE - SICK!!!
[quote="wrongway"]I am new to the darkside and I arrived here on a different road than most of you. I hope that doesn't make me an outcast immediately. I ride a zx14 and have traction problems with almost any motorcycle tire so I thought I would try going over to the darkside. I just finished mounting the tire up and I am ready for a test ...
Any darkside metrics or sport bikes? 2267724web-tire
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:22 am

beat me to it! Laughing Laughing
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:37 am

Wrongway runs his on a drag bike and land speed racer. The darkside is NOT recommended for sport bikes that are ridden as sport bikes. If you are one to wear out the chicken strips on a sport bike DO NOT go darkside on it. The lean angle is much greater on them than on our cruisers and could cause you problems (trip to the hospital kind) later.
See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Thorn Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:12 am

I posted some pics of Yamaha TW200 darksides on another thread:
https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f6/skeleton-bike-t2008.htm

Thorn

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  wrongway Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:05 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Wrongway runs his on a drag bike and land speed racer. The darkside is NOT recommended for sport bikes that are ridden as sport bikes. If you are one to wear out the chicken strips on a sport bike DO NOT go darkside on it. The lean angle is much greater on them than on our cruisers and could cause you problems (trip to the hospital kind) later.
See you out there
Smokey

All I can say is that most bikes that are drag raced are lowered and stretched and couldn't make a turn without wearing a hole through the plastics anyway.... but I still havent seen anyone else at the dragstrip or land speed races switch over to a dark side.

and you just cant kill a car tire , I dont car how many burnouts you do :-)

Roy
wrongway
wrongway

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down