Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Choice

+4
Toasted_311
jedishon
papa
jnv753
8 posters

Go down

Choice Empty Choice

Post  jnv753 Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:48 pm

I am tryng to decide between a general Grabber 205-70-15 Or a Michelin Hydroedge of the same size. Any reccomendations?

jnv753

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Choice Empty Re: Choice

Post  papa Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:04 pm

They are both nice looking tires. I am not sure if anyone can give you a good opinion unless they have used or experienced both tires. Personally I would go with the one I like the looks of the best, because irregardless of your choice, it is going to beat a MC tire hands down. That would be my opinion, although I do lean towards the grabber a tad Very Happy

papa

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jnv753 Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:10 pm

Yeah me too except 1: I can't find a stinking tire store that carries them. 2: I see them on the tirerack website and they are listed as a "summer truck tire". I guess I'll have to order one from tire rack. Have you ridden yours in the rain? How does it handle?

jnv753

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  papa Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:39 pm

I have not rode mine in the rain, but others have and say that is where the grabber really shines. Great reviews as far as wet weather ridding for the grabber.

papa

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:35 pm

you can also try www.treaddepot.com they have free shipping......

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:53 pm

I've got the Michelin HydraEdge...205/65/16..did the full Foots mod before they found some 205s for the 15" wheels.

Right at 16k on it now...loving it. Nice roaster tail in the rain and it sticks like glue. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dino Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:41 am

I rode my general grabber uhp over 3K and in the rain to, this is great performing tire even in the rain.

I rode in rain many times in past few months since I did install it on the bike and was happy every time I rode with tire performance.
I can just say good things about general grabber.
Definitely worth to try.
dino
dino

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-01-05

http://www.boncphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:22 pm

I also am trying to figure out which tire goes on next.
The Gardsman is getting flat in the middle. Not wearing as good as I thought it would, but performed very well, but it was only a $49 tire Very Happy Got hailed on in Utah, up over 9500 ft and the tire, well I just cant say enough. The front tire was hydroplainging (sp) and I pulled over to get under some trees, my wife was on her 1100 v-star behind me and she couldnt see me, was not safe to ride.
Anyway, Im not sure which tire Im going with next.

wayne

Number of posts : 623

Back to top Go down

Post  DEFREEZER Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:24 pm

i have 10k on my grabber, just last week we rode part of the blue ridge parkway in the clouds/rain. i easly ran the posted speed without any slipage at all. we also rode the dragon with about half the pavement wet, the tire stuck like glue. i have run it through thrunderstoms with water an inch deep on the road, front tire was tying to hydro plane (throwing a serious wake) but the back tire was rock solid. i think the grabber is a few pounds heaver than the hydro edge, both seem to be excellant tires.
DEFREEZER
DEFREEZER

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:20 pm

My front tire was hydroplaning in the last storm we got. Wiggling left and right, but my cheap ole douglas mud and snow tire just kept pushing the bike straight down the road. I think any car tire with a decent tread pattern will do wonders in the rain. Dont know about the snow yet. My advice: whatever you can find a deal on......

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:29 pm

jedishon wrote:My front tire was hydroplaning in the last storm we got. Wiggling left and right, but my cheap ole douglas mud and snow tire just kept pushing the bike straight down the road. I think any car tire with a decent tread pattern will do wonders in the rain. Dont know about the snow yet. My advice: whatever you can find a deal on......

Jerry

+1

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content