Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August and Membership growth!!!! WOW

+2
jedishon
twin1300
6 posters

Go down

August and Membership growth!!!! WOW Empty August and Membership growth!!!! WOW

Post  twin1300 Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:00 pm

August was our largest growth of 83 members, except for our first month of 117! This is awesome!

Welcome all new members and our members stuck and believed in what "toasted" started for us!

...................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

August and Membership growth!!!! WOW Empty Re: August and Membership growth!!!! WOW

Post  jedishon Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:12 pm

Let us not forget Twin, a lot of us would not be here if not for you.....

Your empty box is in the mail
Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

August and Membership growth!!!! WOW Empty Re: August and Membership growth!!!! WOW

Post  twin1300 Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:25 pm

Hey!!!! Don't shoot the messenger!........... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I send MT boxes!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:37 pm

One thing I've begun to notice. I don't get flamed nearly as much on the shadow forum. When someone asks for tire recommendations, I can put in my car tire with a picture and nobody flames me! Used to be any mention of car tires would be met with a vicious dogpile of inexperienced opinions.

I think Toasted has changed the world!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Buchanan Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:32 am

I've noticed a significant decrease in the flames on the VTX board as well. There are still a couple guys who seem to have so much of their identity wrapped up in being RIGHT that they can't admit that it just might work, but even those guys don't seem to say as much... I guess repeatedly making them look like idiots has served a purpose beyond making me (and a few others) look like jerks. Very Happy

I wish we could get an actual count of HOW MANY of the users here actually have a car tire on their bikes...
Morgan Buchanan
Morgan Buchanan

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:06 am

Morgan Buchanan wrote:I've noticed a significant decrease in the flames on the VTX board as well. There are still a couple guys who seem to have so much of their identity wrapped up in being RIGHT that they can't admit that it just might work, but even those guys don't seem to say as much... I guess repeatedly making them look like idiots has served a purpose beyond making me (and a few others) look like jerks. Very Happy

I wish we could get an actual count of HOW MANY of the users here actually have a car tire on their bikes...

This is all true.

+1 on the actual true count of members running car tires...wish more folks would actually post.

Maybe it'll increase when winter sets in for some. Might send out another mass email to the low post count members and see if there's anything they dislike or and improvement to the sites functionality.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:26 am

I wouldn't worry to much about the non posters. Most forums have a membership much like this. It's not "unfriendliness" that prohibits posting. Lots of folks just read, lurk, or just peruse for a period of time. Seems like registering allows users to view pictures on some forums. Not sure if that's true here.

I would say the gas prices has folks riding their bikes more and more miles=more tires. Lot's of folks (like me) don't want to change tires at $200 a pop every 8k miles. Of course, you and I know that the cost and hastle savings is just the tip of the iceburg as far as benefits go.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:09 am

Morgan Buchanan wrote:I've noticed a significant decrease in the flames on the VTX board as well. There are still a couple guys who seem to have so much of their identity wrapped up in being RIGHT that they can't admit that it just might work, but even those guys don't seem to say as much... I guess repeatedly making them look like idiots has served a purpose beyond making me (and a few others) look like jerks. Very Happy

Hay ease up there cowboy. Just kidding. I imagine that there are a few. I still have the MT on the bike. The car tire is bought and waiting to be installed. Seems that more and more things get in the way. Hurricanes and work are killing me. I guess this requires a poll.
Hope this finds you well.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down