Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dude and I met a 1%er

+3
Badmoon
jedishon
smokey2255
7 posters

Go down

Dude and I met a 1%er Empty Dude and I met a 1%er

Post  smokey2255 Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:29 pm

The other day my son and I were out and stopped at DQ for a treat. When we roll into the lot there is an HD in the lot so I swung in and parked next to it. Immediately I saw the SOS emblem and the 1% er all over it. I am talking engraved and hard fixed. No poser here. We went in and had our treats. When we came back out we were looking at the HD and discussing what it meant and the ramifications that go along with the Clubs and what being a 1%er means. This big ole burly biker comes out and we get to BSing with him about his ride. Turns out it is an 02 with 180k ... yeah, one hundred and eighty thousand and all he has done to it is cams. He just installed his second set. I was impressed with the mileage. We got to talking about how he got that many miles on it that quick and he was telling me about some club events that are mandatory for members. Sturgis every year for all members, then he does daytona twice a year riding all the way. He also is currently the reigning champion of a race that is sponsored by the Club abd their brother club. These are long distance type races. This year is gonna be from up in the northeast to Baton Rouge. Last year it was 1900 miles in like 29 hours straight through. Hard core for sure. Short term he was a hell of a nice guy to chat with. Later I had to explain some of the stuff to my son. Of course I shed enough light on it to try to coerce him away from that road ... but at the same time I want to make sure he understands what it is all about.

See youout there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Dude and I met a 1%er Empty Re: Dude and I met a 1%er

Post  jedishon Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:39 pm

I'm glad Dude knows. Now could you explain it to me. I've never been in a club.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:48 pm

I had a similar situation with some Oakland Angels some years ago in Daytona. It was a little awkward at first but after talking to them for a while they were just like me but affiliated. I still hear from one of the guys from time to time. Both of them are in Brazil acting as security for a new chapter of the H.A. These guys don’t play. I bet they are good at what they do and prolly needed to leave the country for a while if ya know what I mean. I definitely don’t wanna follow that path but am equally happy to know this type of fellow.

Shiny side up, unless you are in Louisiana now and keep the grimy side up for a while anyway
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:06 pm

jedishon wrote:I'm glad Dude knows. Now could you explain it to me. I've never been in a club.....

Jerry

Jerry, A club is not something to be taken lightly. It is not just an "I wanna join" kind of thing. It is a life commitment. Generally you have to earn the right to be asked to join. Once you join, the club IS your life. 1%ers are the types that will kill to protect the club. They are also the people that would kill someone messing with your wife. These guys WILL go "there" for what they believe. I myself have no interest in being afilliated with a club, but I don't shake in my boots meeting a 1%er either. When you meet people you get a feel pretty quick as to who has the I will kill you (if you make me) personality going for them. When its mutual, most relax and enjoy the moment.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarkster Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:36 am

An MC is not to be taken lightly" an MCC or Club on the other hand is a slightly different matter.
With an MC you do in fact earn the right to be asked to join and it takes time, a lot of time. and once a member, it is a life commitment.
Actual clubs, MCC's or RC's you can just join up and ride.
I've ridden and will ride again with the 6 different MC Clubs. I've never had a problem with any of them, nor would I expect to. You get back what you put out, act like an ass and you'll get treated like one and then asked to leave.
I've also ridden with the Boise Valley Riders and the Last Frontier MCC, both are just clubs that anyone can join and ride with. For some people, especially new riders, those clubs can be a great source of help, information and Good Times. Most don't expect you to be able to ride hard and fast, in fact, two I have ridden with insist that you don't and they will usually break the riders down into smaller groups of 5 to 7 with like skills.
The MC's will typically stay in a group no matter how many bikes are there, most I've ever ridden with at one time is around 300, all most all MC members.
I did ride with just over 750 in Boise for the Bike Awareness ride one year. That's too many, I really didn't enjoy that ride at all.

Anyway, pay attention to what is going on around you and don't act like an ass any you'll discover that most all 'Bikers' have the same thing in mind. The ride, not the destination.

BigD

Last edited by BigD on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just Cuz)
BigDarkster
BigDarkster

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  The Vulcaniser Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:17 am

I'm in a "club" too.... but it's a social club for old farts Very Happy You have to be 40 years old before you can join. Some people sometimes confuse us for 1%ers.... but we are just a bunch of guys and gals who like riding with other old farts Cool

Ulysses Club, Grow Old Disgracefully! http://www.ulyssesclub.org/Default.asp
The Vulcaniser
The Vulcaniser

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  dino Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:31 pm

on the other board, vtxoa, recently was discussion about how some of 1% met someone at gas station and told them to take off their jackets/vesta's with some kind of logos and names from some MC club and state and it was huge debate how people would react to this, going from "who the hell are they to tell me what to do, I am an American..." etc... to "dude, if they tell you take it off take it off and ride home..." etc...
I thought that's the blast from the past, but recently was watching on tv about HA and some other gang fight in Las Vegas few years ago when was dead and stabbed gang members on both side.

Personally, I am not afraid to talk to them or ride with them, but probably would chose not to.

Ride safe and ride often.
Have phun.
dino
dino

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-01-05

http://www.boncphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:51 pm

I am around and deal with them regualrly. I have some friends who are and/or have been. A very close brother of mine was the founder and national president of the XXXXXXXX (club name withheld out of respect) . While in Prison he was saved and is one of the most on fire Christians you'll ever meet. needless to say he is the kind of guy who goes all or nothing with everything he does. Oh yeah, when he got saved he disbanded the XXXXXXX and although they are still close they no longer wear their colors and he witnessses to them often.

For a decent look into the world of clubbers get the book "Under and Alone" It gives a decent insight into their world, although it is not to be taken as 100% factual it is probably about 95% correct.

Any specific questions feel free to PM me and I'll answer then as soon as I check my PM's. I also have a few insides to various clubs including a S.O.S. Enforcer who is a cousin to my best friend.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down