Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Dude" just rode a KX 450F

2 posters

Go down

"Dude" just rode a KX 450F Empty "Dude" just rode a KX 450F

Post  smokey2255 Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:29 am

A few of you have met myself and my son Justin "Dude". He rides a RM85 and started racing this year. We have been talking about stepping him up to a 250f next year. Well today at the track he was talking smack (go figure, my kid talking trash) and his riding buddy told him if he could start his 450 he could ride it. Dude started and rode it. I have that feeling of digging deeper into my pockets for next year. Dude is 12 now but fairly tall and well built for his age so I think he could ride it. Handling it will take some practice but hell I am game if he is. He already has plans to ride my 1300 when he gets his license, he sits it all the time and can reach all the controls now. There have been a couple times I was tempted to let him ride it but that can wait. We will kepp him in the dirt for a while yet.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

"Dude" just rode a KX 450F Empty Re: "Dude" just rode a KX 450F

Post  Badmoon Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:14 am

That is awesome. From what I understand he is a good kid with a good dad. (You can thank Twin for that.) I know with all my knower that if they start out young with the right training or guide they grow up being the best riders out there and the safest. It really pleases me to see the younger crowd out riding or racing. It is the younger ones that are out there with no instruction and guide that do the most harm. The problem as I see it is this. I came from the country side of things and we were allowed to go and do on motorcycles in an environment that was suitable for riding, racing or whatever. The majority of folks these days live inside townships or areas where there are restrictions everywhere. It is not as convient for today’s youngins to get out and ride as it was for me. I have seen a decline in quality of riders since my earlier days. I commend you and the rest of you that give your youngins the opportunity to grow and learn by taking the time out of your day to supervise and learn with them. These guys and gals are the future and without proper training and knowledge the world as we know it will disappear. Look at what has happened since we were young. It sucks to be a kid these days.

Smokey keep encouraging "Dude" and ride with him. Go 250 first, those things are Bad !@# and great bikes. Let him climb the ladder one rung at a time without skipping any. JMO only matters to me. You know his ability and his level. Sounds like an awesome kid. Would love to meet up and see for myself. Sorry this was so long. Post some pics of "Dude" doing his thang.

Peace out my brother from another mother
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:01 pm

When I bought Dude the 85 I went and bought me an old 250 2 stroke to go play with him. After about the third time out I realized that stuff hurts a hell of a lot more than it used to. I sold that one and then decided I would get me a street bike, hence the 1300. Of course none of this was mentioned let alone discussed with Mrs. Smokey. If it had I wouldn't be on this forum right now. Laughing Evil or Very Mad Laughing . We discussed bikes for 20 years .... so I just Very Happy SURPRISED Laughing her with the X. She was a little put off by it until she climbed on the back of it. Now it's all good.

I have been talking to dude about taking a summer trip ,him and his sister, each on their own bikes their soph/junior and junior/senior summers. I would like to get them each a little 200 or so duel sport and give them each some cash and let them take off for the summer. Think that would be a memory to last them a life time.
The baby girl has been on his 85 a couple times. She just needs to get a little bigger for it yet. Probably this summer, will get her up on it. She rides a friends little 65so she has the mechanics of it alright. Just need to step her up to the power of the 85.
See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:58 pm

That is awsome Smoke.
Gotta say, I sounds like your kids are getting more time in the saddle than me and that yanks my chain.
Peace Brother
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:01 pm

Quit playing in the gulf and you could be riding. See easy solution to that one Laughing Laughing . I hope you at least have a hand line in the water.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:19 pm

Nope DP vessel. Think it will be Wednesday or so before the bike gets some love.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down