Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting close

3 posters

Go down

getting close Empty getting close

Post  scott051300 Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Ok people, the stock dunnie is getting a bit scetchy and I need to make a decision on tires (set of two) I am considering the following:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+UHP&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=07HR5GRUHP&fromCompare1=yes&place=34
or
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Assurance+TripleTred&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=07TR5ATT&fromCompare1=yes&place=20

I want mine to handle nice in the rain and on slick roads along with dry ones... I also would like the tire with the most "curve" in it (i mean the most tread going into the side wall for corners) I'm very nervous about the corners because my stock tire sliped out from under me once!

Also wondering about the bead width... I've heard 3 1/2 and 4" on the rim. And anywhere from 3-5 inch beads will fit. Would someone please give me an absolute answer regarding my '05 1300 C???

And not to beat a dead horse but the stock in a 170/80/15 =25.709 a 25/65/15 =25.492 and a 205/70/15 =26.299... why on earth would anyone gowith the 65? that would make higher r's right?

And my last question is: what should I get to go on the front?

Thanks,
Scott

scott051300

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

getting close Empty Re: getting close

Post  gstanfield Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:16 pm

Continental milestone up front. I've been a huge fan of the milestones (front and back honestly) and every person that I have been able to talk into running them has absolutely loved them. IMHO there is no cruiser tire on the market that compares and I think I've tried them all, or most all of them.

As to the rear, well since I started the Grabber trend I'm going to support it here. I love mine and it grips great in rain, snow, dry, etc. I've written a couple of very complete, very honest reviews on it at different milages, so search for them (should be under the 1300 section) if you want more details as to why I like them. It's kinda big and kinda heavy, but works great.

As to why some would go with the shorter tire, maybe they want more off the line and a lighter tire? I dunno.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:23 pm

Before i went to the extreme wideside i was going to get the grabber uhp 205 70/15, it has great rep here and i trust the opinion of these guys.
My stock dunny that i took off my bike was 25" tall and the tire i put on is 26.2" tall and almost fixed the speedometer being off .
Good luck finding the tire that fits your needs you have got a good list there .
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down