Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

going to be a darkside rider with a question

3 posters

Go down

going to be a darkside rider with a question Empty going to be a darkside rider with a question

Post  Bigbob Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi all;
Going to be a darkside rider as soon as i get my tire. To those who mount their own tires how much pressure did it take to seat the beads on the wheel? BTW I gwn a 04 SRV
Thanks for now. Bigbob

Bigbob

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

going to be a darkside rider with a question Empty Re: going to be a darkside rider with a question

Post  smokey2255 Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:16 am

Hi Bob
Welcome to the forum. Some tires take up to 100 psi to seat. Most go with a lot less.

Good luck

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

going to be a darkside rider with a question Empty Re: going to be a darkside rider with a question

Post  twin1300 Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:34 am

I have had some bead at 110psi and others around 80 psi! Depends on whether you wash your rims and get to the old mounting soap off with a water hose and how much lube you use and how slick the lube is, and if you use a air regulator or not or whether you have the valve stem still in! All these things contribute to how much air pressure you need.

Good luck with you darkside decision!

..............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down