Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease is not the word

2 posters

Go down

Grease is not the word Empty Grease is not the word

Post  grizak Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:31 pm

Here is a little clip i got from a bridgestone web sight.

"Bridgestone does not recommend the use of petroleum products as a lubricant in tire mounting or demounting operations.

Only a vegetable oil lubricant should be used. Do not use solvents or petroleum products as a lubricant in conjunction with tire mounting or demounting.In those cases where a tire submitted for adjustment consideration for bead related damages shows evidence of having been contaminated by petroleum lubricants or other non-recommended material, the adjustment will be disallowed by Bridgestone. The use of nonrecommended products or materials may result in the deterioration of rubber and eventual failure of the tire.

Acceptable lubricants such as Murphy’s Soap, Ru-Glyde, Bishmans, etc. are recommended for mounting and demounting passenger, truck and bus tires.

WARNING: If you have any doubt about whether some practice is 100% safe or not, then stop and ask another professional and contact the tire manufacturer or their representative for help. Do not take chances with your safety or that of others. For more tire safety information visit: www.rma.org.

I do not plan on harping Safety on this fourm. I just want people to make informed decisions..
As for myself. I will not be using Grease to seat my tires Smile
grizak
grizak

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Grease is not the word Empty Re: Grease is not the word

Post  smokey2255 Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:15 pm

Thanks Griz.

Safety is one subject we can harp on. Except that helmet thingy cause everybody is wrong there Mad Shocked Laughing
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down