Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

making the switch, I think.

5 posters

Go down

making the switch, I think. Empty making the switch, I think.

Post  shnlck Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:04 am

Ready to make the switch but just a few questions... I have an 02 1800c, I am currently running a metz 200 880 marathon, I like the look but it sure isn't holdin up to my riding,I don't do much stand still burn outs but it seems to be the on the fly burns that is eating this thing up..1st,2nd and time to time 3rd. I am 6'-200lbs ride solo most of the time. What are the advantages to the CT switch other than the obvious $$$ savings? I also seem to hit 130+ maybe too often... what are some good recommendations,brands,sizes,balancing??? oh,the mets has only been on for about 3000 miles, the contact patch just seems to be getting too smooth and too wide,not much left I'm afraid,it was fun while it lasted but I'm pretty sure it is time to get more bang for my bucks.
ok,so I read farther down and got a good list of sizes and brands, now what is the bead balancing?
Lookin foward to gettin on to the Darkside.

Last edited by shnlck on Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : read farther down and got most of the info I needed)
shnlck
shnlck

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

making the switch, I think. Empty Re: making the switch, I think.

Post  Toasted_311 Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:29 am

Bead balancing is using Dyna Beads inside the tire to balance it instead of lead weights on the outside.

It actually creates a better balance and one that won't come unbalanced as the tire wears.

Enjoy the dark side. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Buchanan Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:17 am

I personally think the Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R in 205/55/16 is about the "sportiest" tire you're going to find. It's the tire that's in the Darkside Deathstar logo above. I love mine, and have zero trouble dragging my pegs (but I drag them far less often now that I went to 5 on the suspension).
Morgan Buchanan
Morgan Buchanan

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:31 am

Main advantage: Traction! And not only straight ahead, in the curves too. Read all the threads you can on this board, all the info you need is here, and check the Tire Co.'s sites also, for sizes available, exact dimensions, etc.
Burnouts for show, Traction for Go!
Dan
Dan

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick-Man Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:12 pm

By the sound of it, I don't ride nearly as hard as you but I was still rather skeptical at first. I am riding on a GYTT 205/60/R16 and have quickly fell in love with the Darkside. The grip that I have found on the Darkside is incredible. Just go for it, you won't regret it.

Stick-Man

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://www.wayofthemaster.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down