Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car tire on a bike? Why?

+11
DocRawk
cerooth
061300c
gstanfield
DS-Wing-Nut
twin1300
wayne
willdc
Toasted_311
grizak
jedishon
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Car tire on a bike? Why? - Page 2 Empty Re: Car tire on a bike? Why?

Post  jedishon Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:35 pm

jedishon wrote:Thanks for your input.....I'm sure it will mean something to someone......All I know is the tire on my bike goes round and round, and I'm happy with that......

Jerry

Rode home tonight knowing I was going to crash and burn......That darn c/t just keeps going round and round.....
Wheres Smokey when you need him?????? Where there is Smoke there is fire......

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:37 pm

wayne wrote:Probley has 22yrs. of sweeping floors in a tire shop. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing cheers

ding,ding,ding,ding! We got a winner folks! This sounds about right!...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Wayne, that's funny!

.......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:22 am

or drove the forklift loading trucks at a cooper factory for 22 years.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:45 pm

jedishon wrote:
jedishon wrote:Thanks for your input.....I'm sure it will mean something to someone......All I know is the tire on my bike goes round and round, and I'm happy with that......

Jerry

Rode home tonight knowing I was going to crash and burn......That darn c/t just keeps going round and round.....

Jerry

Hell I am just wishing my car tire could go round and round. This suspended drivers license stuff sucks big ( you know where it's going). Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I have been following this troll like action and I have to say that for the most part yall stomped his ass in a relatively civil manner. Yall make me proud to be a part of this family. Well done to all. I am no expert on tires by any means. But my 18000 plus mile on car tires tells me it works. For me anyway. Those that know me and have ridden with me know I ride my bike like I stole it and am not happy til I am dragging the hard parts on it, 2 up and loaded down that tire has never stepped out on me in any condition I have rode it in. This includes but not limited to, rain, thunder storms with high winds, sand, gravel, dirt and grass trails, some super tight twisties. All the rides have been on the aggressive side of the throttle and that car tire has always been there. But what the hell do I know, I havnt worked in a tire changing shop for the last 20 years so I guess that puts me in the dumbass catagory with the majority here Laughing Laughing .

Yall have a great week
See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:10 am

smokey2255 wrote:
jedishon wrote:

Jerry

Jerry

Hell I am just wishing my car tire could go round and round. This suspended drivers license stuff sucks big ( you know where it's going). Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I have been following this troll like action and I have to say that for the most part yall stomped his ass in a relatively civil manner. Yall make me proud to be a part of this family. Well done to all. I am no expert on tires by any means. But my 18000 plus mile on car tires tells me it works. For me anyway. Those that know me and have ridden with me know I ride my bike like I stole it and am not happy til I am dragging the hard parts on it, 2 up and loaded down that tire has never stepped out on me in any condition I have rode it in. This includes but not limited to, rain, thunder storms with high winds, sand, gravel, dirt and grass trails, some super tight twisties. All the rides have been on the aggressive side of the throttle and that car tire has always been there. But what the hell do I know, I havnt worked in a tire changing shop for the last 20 years so I guess that puts me in the dumbass catagory with the majority here Laughing Laughing .

Yall have a great week
See you out there
Smokey

Yeah, you throwing sparks in Hot Springs woke me up. lol

I was weaving just to pass time behind a slow car and he started doing it too...only throwing sparks each side as he did it. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:53 am

There are so many facts that say we SHOULD NOT put car tires on motorcycles. However, in the real world, the car tire is far superior to any MC tire out there.

When I hear of someone that has had a mishap as a direct result of a car tire, THEN I'll listen. Until then, I'll leave it on. There's a thread on our mileage that bud's dad might want to read.

Truth is that MC tires are great for people with butt jewelry. But for people that actually ride their bikes, they want the best tire. Right now, that's a car tire.

I like Daniel Meyer's quote. 30 years ago MC tires lasted 8k miles and cost $50. CTs now last 60k miles and cost - oh - $100. MC tires haven't changed in mileage. We still get 8k. But now the cost is $200+. While there have been improvements in gummy racing tires, our street tires have not changed (except in price) in 30 years. Car tires have made significant improvements.

Bud's Dad might be a troll, he might actually be trying to help. But he's as delusional as all the other ney sayers that have no experience with CTs. Facts are facts. CTs last longer, are cheaper, safer, handle better, better in harsh conditions, will ride flat, etc, etc,
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2