Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Mods!

+3
Dan
twin1300
Stick-Man
7 posters

Go down

No Mods! Empty No Mods!

Post  Stick-Man Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:47 am

I am new to this site but I have been considering going to the darkside for awhile but I do not want to do ANY cutting or grinding or modifying of the bike of any kind. I ride an '03 1800C which is totally stock and I like it that way. I am looking for tires that would be as close to the stock aspect ratio as possible without having to do any modifications. Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks,

The Stick-Man

Stick-Man

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://www.wayofthemaster.com

Back to top Go down

No Mods! Empty Re: No Mods!

Post  twin1300 Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 am

Welcome StickMan,

Welcome to our site!

I am a 1300 guy, so some guys on here will be on to tell you what is the best to install without cutting anything on your 1800!

........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:33 pm

Welcome, The Stock Dunlop 180/70R16 is 26.02"x 6.92"(O.D.x S.W.). If you want to match the stock height, I would say you need a 195/65 or 205/60, but tire co.'s vary on dimensions in the same size. You need to do some homework on tire mfg.'s sites for exact specs. If you don't go over 8" section width you shouldn't need any mods. The Metz 200/60 is 7.76" and leaves a little room to go wider, not much. Some 205's will fit, others won't without fender brace lip mod. Good Luck!
Dan
Dan

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Kip Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:52 pm

I am new to this site but I have been considering going to the darkside for awhile but I do not want to do ANY cutting or grinding or modifying of the bike of any kind. I ride an '03 1800C which is totally stock and I like it that way. I am looking for tires that would be as close to the stock aspect ratio as possible without having to do any modifications. Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks,

The Stick-Man

Stick-man i am new to the DS also i have a 03 vtx 1800 c and i just put on the good year assurance triple tread 205/60/16
and i had to do nothing but air it down to make it fit on the bike it was easy. just do it

Kip.

Kip

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick-Man Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:35 pm

Thanks Kip. That seems to be a fairly popular tire around here. I am happy to hear that it will work without mods. I hope to be riding on one soon!

Thanks,

Stick-Man

Number of posts : 9

http://www.wayofthemaster.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PopsVTX Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:40 pm

If you decide on the GYTT 205/60/16 try raising the bike over the tire and dropping it down onto the tire. When I put mine on my 04 C model I tried that rather than let the air out. Worked great although I don't know why since I couldn't push the tire into the swingarm at all.
PopsVTX
PopsVTX

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Buchanan Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:53 am

I personally wonder how much weight you can put on a C with a 205/65 before it'll rub the underside bracket. It's not MUCH of a concern for me, as I weight about 200 and my wife is petite, but there are a few folks who ride that are a bit bigger.....

But if stick-man is named thus for his physique, probably not an issue. Smile
Morgan Buchanan
Morgan Buchanan

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:25 am

Morgan Buchanan wrote:I personally wonder how much weight you can put on a C with a 205/65 before it'll rub the underside bracket. It's not MUCH of a concern for me, as I weight about 200 and my wife is petite, but there are a few folks who ride that are a bit bigger.....

Trust me you are safe............... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing and then some! No comments from the peanut gallery on this one!...... Very Happy

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:23 am

twin1300 wrote:
Morgan Buchanan wrote:I personally wonder how much weight you can put on a C with a 205/65 before it'll rub the underside bracket. It's not MUCH of a concern for me, as I weight about 200 and my wife is petite, but there are a few folks who ride that are a bit bigger.....

Trust me you are safe............... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing and then some! No comments from the peanut gallery on this one!...... Very Happy

................bobby

I wasn't going to say anything, but........ Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content