Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car tire direction?

3 posters

Go down

Car tire direction? Empty Car tire direction?

Post  mastermechanic Thu May 29, 2008 9:40 pm

I'm new here and haven't read all the topics yet, but have a few question. Do you use a car tire only on the rear? And does the care tires have to run in a certain direction? And what about the tire tread. Could the tread pattern run either direction? Which way would it shed water better?

mastermechanic

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Car tire direction? Empty Re: Car tire direction?

Post  twin1300 Thu May 29, 2008 10:06 pm

mastermechanic wrote:I'm new here and haven't read all the topics yet, but have a few question. Do you use a car tire only on the rear? And does the care tires have to run in a certain direction? And what about the tire tread. Could the tread pattern run either direction? Which way would it shed water better?

Master,

A pic is worth a 1000 words. Here is the tread pattern that some of us ride with no issues. This a pic of Jedison's bike.

Car tire direction? Douglastireuh2

We only run the car tires on the rear because we haven't had a reason to put one on the front. It's the rear that wears out all the time and can get two to one tires on the front to the rear. Plus, you have too much of lean angle for having a car tire on the front and would roll onto the side wall possibly.

.......................bobby

ps...Welcome to our site and let us know if this heads you in the right direction and answers your questions. Here's a link with good data also for newbies to the darkside.

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f6/not-a-stupid-questionwhy-a-car-tire-t396.htm

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu May 29, 2008 10:33 pm

I use a high performance directional summer tire ( Cooper Zeon ZXS ) ...You " MUST " mount it with the arrow going the right way .This tire does'nt offer the endless miles some tires do but I still get around 10,500 to 11,000 out of it about twice what the motorcycle tire gave me ( Avon ) and I love the way it sticks in the twisties.I don't have chicken strips when I change tires Smile
Car tire direction? Groveaccident013

Last edited by Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 on Thu May 29, 2008 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu May 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Car tire direction? Rear1
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum