Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

exhaust mod

3 posters

Go down

exhaust mod Empty exhaust mod

Post  insp#484 Thu May 08, 2008 10:20 am

buddy of mine gave me a new set of s pipes the other day I removed the mufflers from the headers and plan on finding some really cool car exhaust tips to weld to the header pipe while still using the existing chrome covers my question is have you guys heard of a cone type apparatus that can be mounted between the pipe and head to create needed backpressure and protect the engine from the valve cooling too quickly and possibly gettin all jacked up? my end result is something like a drag pipe maybe with an out turned tip from jc whitney...........tell me sumpin...........
insp#484
insp#484

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

exhaust mod Empty Re: exhaust mod

Post  DocRawk Thu May 08, 2008 10:50 am

Like this???

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=610273E4-5658-4B32-A935-33E6DED0F6FB
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu May 08, 2008 11:11 am

Insp#484

Dude, been missing you around here.

I got a theory about the valves and exhaust length! I have raced single cylinders and multi cylinders and hung around dirt cars and drag cars all my life. I have never heard of an exhaust valve getting cooled too much and cause damage. We used to be in the dirt car racing and would paint the headers with a medium temp paint and run the motor for about 15 minutes and where paint stop burning off...cut the exhaust right there. NO issues ever with valve problems. Dragster run zoomies and no issues. I hear about this problem frequently, but never one case of it happening.

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu May 08, 2008 11:13 am

Check out my exhaust mod going on as a two into one.

Here's the link.......
https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/general-motorcycle-tech-information-f14/building-two-into-one-pipes-on-a-c-modelw-pics-t979.htm

..............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down