Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recall

5 posters

Go down

recall Empty recall

Post  jedishon Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:43 pm

Okay I got my recall notice Friday....Gonna call the stealer and see when they can fix it....
Maybe thats why I smell gas at wot......

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

recall Empty Re: recall

Post  smokey2255 Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:50 pm

That probably has a little to do with it. Laughing Laughing , I am shocked and a little in disbelief ........ you? WOT???? ........ Really?........ Laughing Very Happy affraid cheers Very Happy

When you talk to the dealer make sure they understand that you will be staying with the bike waiting on it. That way they wont keep it forever.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:05 pm

smokey2255 wrote:That probably has a little to do with it. Laughing Laughing , I am shocked and a little in disbelief ........ you? WOT???? ........ Really?........ Laughing Very Happy affraid cheers Very Happy

When you talk to the dealer make sure they understand that you will be staying with the bike waiting on it. That way they wont keep it forever.

See you out there
Smokey

It is kind of a shock.....When the bike starts moving it scares me and I always seen to turn that round handle thing the wrong way, then it gets going so fast all I can do is hang on, and change my pants when I get home............ geek geek

There is no way I will leave my bike alone with the stealer......

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:21 pm

Whats the bike doing?

wayne

Number of posts : 623

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:39 pm

wayne wrote:Whats the bike doing?

Right now it's sleeping off it's dinner........ oh hell thats me Laughing

Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:53 am

The recall is to replace the fuel valve...They say it can leak and set the bike on fire in certain instances..
I do smell gas at wide open throttle....hoping thats the cause....

Smokey wake up its time to ride

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:35 am

When looking for a fuel leak a sure fire way to find it is to use a lighter. But if you choose to use this method I would suggest having someone you dont care for to do it for ya. Sometimes it is worth the few bucks he might ask for.

If you are to leave you bike with the stealer that is abandonment and is punnishable in any court of law. Just dont do it.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:53 pm

The stealer is a joke. Told me it would take an hour to check to see if its leaking. They are going to rake Honda for service charges....Told them its my comute vehicle and no way will I leave it with them...Had to make an appointment for a week later...I just dont trust them...

Uncle Jerr
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon May 05, 2008 9:37 pm

Got a new petcock put on today....Sat right there and watched the whole time...4 guys working in the place and none of them had seen a darkside before...They had a couple questions about handling, but didn't think I was nuts for doing it....Progress..I think it fixed the gas smell, it was to windy to really tell....I'll find out Wednesday....Have an interview tomorrow and have to take the cage.....
Everyone have a goo night.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

recall Empty I had a fuel leak!

Post  Patch Mon May 12, 2008 2:17 pm

I had a fuel leak, but I am not sure if it was the mentioned recall. All of a sudden fuel started pouring out onto my engine from under the intake. I had a quick flash fire, (very lucky it went out!), but I was able to get off of the road and call for some help. It was caused by a plastic hose clamp, (manufacturer's part, I was told). The dealer replaced it, but for some reason the bike did not run the same after it was fixed. I later found out that the so-called "Mechanic", failed to replace my air filter when he put everything back together. Real nice huh? I always stay with my bike now, that was a hard lesson learned for me.
Patch
Patch

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-05-12

http://scottsprojects.synthasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon May 12, 2008 2:47 pm

Patch, Welcome to the site...Bummer about your ride, hope its all put together right now....Also glad you are okay, could have been worse....
The recall is for 2006 and 2007 vtx 1300's ...It got rid of 90% of the gas smell....The other 10% could be left over dead brain cells thinking I smell something....
Enjoy the site and jump in any time you like....Every one will have an answer to any question you might have, and feel free to share your ideas with us....I know I could use a few new thoughts (easy guys).

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down