Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!!

+7
smokey2255
Tanglefoot
cerooth
gstanfield
DS-Wing-Nut
jedishon
twin1300
11 posters

Go down

My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! Empty My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!!

Post  twin1300 Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:46 pm

Here’s my take on the “Darkside Rally in the Mountains”. Smokey wrote one and I thought it was a good idea, so here it goes.

First of all I had a great riding partner in my friend and brother in Christ….Tanglefoot. We both made our first motorcycle trip ever that was more than 4 hours in stretch ever. It was nice weather for us and the trip was not bad. I think it mostly mental for riding long distances and easier than I thought. I have daily ridden every day for 4 ½ years, but never haul butt to get somewhere just ride more…hehehehe I am hooked.

I have met the best people on the planet and what a benefit it was to get to know them. Every one
unique and different, but how they made the trip fun and exciting. Good hearted people and who love
to ride.

I couldn’t get enough of the scenery or the twisties we road. Plus I got to see the darkside up close in real world situations. I have ridden the darkside for years but have never got to see it perform by watching the the rear of the bike in tough twisty conditions. At no time did I see less than half the tire on the ground. Wow, I am more convinced of the darkside than ever before by just admiring how the tire works. I knew it worked good, but seeing is believing. And riding it is even more fun because of the car tire, whether it was a 165 or 205……they road flawless and never once stepped out on us. Plus a 1300 can pull the wheels off the ground……ooops! Didn’t plan on it, but it will grip enough to get if off the ground and NOT just a little too! I am talking about a rolling wheelie too and not a stand still snap the clutch either.

I didn't write about everything....because what happens in Mt. Ida...stays in Mt. Ida!

So in keeping with Smokey and the theme of the weekend.

Darksider Rally award for:
* Most aggressive lean at the Tilemena look out……Tanglefoot
* Most longest Haul and most committed…..Smokey
* Most dumbest move……Twin and the sink and carberator
* Shortest stay……..Inspector #484
* Got the most empty boxes……..Twin again
* Hardest rider………Kermit
* Most sight seeing……….toss up between FogHorn and Willsighsee’r
* Most aggressive move in a 20 mph curve……….Kermit
* Who laughed the most……All of us
* Who complained the most……….Toasted Bwwhahahahaha
* Best mod……twin light mod on the road home in the dark
* Best tip of the weekend…….Just because you stop, Don’t mean you need to drink a big cup of coffee
* Best idea…………Foghorn and going to Cove AR and taking Hiway 4
* Most likely to Haul A**…………Smokey
* Most talked about that couldn’t make it and wished was there………Inspector #484
* Shortest run in miles…………Toasted (had to leave to go back to work)

I will do it again….next year, so make plans for your vacation.

Here's our map of Saturday's ride and 12 hrs. of fun and fellowship
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010058

Foghorn and Kermit pointing the way home.....hehehehe Great couple.
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010056

Willsightsee'r in foreground while Kermit and Foghorn look out over the Tilemena Parkway
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010054

Stopped on Wilemina Parkway just North along the mountains going to Oklahoma
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010028

Smokey and his riding partner, Justin flying by to take a pic with us at the Oklahoma sign.
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010030

A 205 wideside mod and a Footmod with a 205 side by side. They are wider????????
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010020

Left to right....Foghorn, Toasted, Willsightsee'r, and Kermit at the Hotel.
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010017

Group shot Saturday morning...what do you do for an encore...Ride 12 hours..hehehehe
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010023

More bike and small talk.....Fun was had by all.
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010015-1

Smile Smokey or is that...smile Twin!
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010016-1

If you go to Mena and you miss this ride, you will regret it.
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010039

The Darkside Gang at the Oklahoma state line.
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010033

The Darksiders set the world on fire or was it...the woods were on fire and we sat and watched it. It looked like they had it under control by the time we got there. But the whole valley was smoked up.
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010037

Us between rides and regroups. Just jawing around till we stretched our legs for the next run.
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010040

Smokey my friend telling me like it is....You are the bomb my friend and I wouldn't want to go thru this world without ever knowing you.
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010055

This a pic of Justin looking wore out or he just found out Smokey was his Dad, but he is one tough kid and never complained the whole weekend. He rode ever mile that we put on this weekend.
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010049

Here is my friend and best riding partner you could have...Tanglefoot.
My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! P1010052

If you don't come next year....Shame on Ya'. We will miss you, but we will ride without you!

Last edited by twin1300 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:47 pm; edited 12 times in total
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! Empty Re: My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!!

Post  jedishon Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:14 pm

good pics Twin. thanks for postin....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!! Empty Re: My take on the Rally with pics!!!!!!!

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:42 pm

LOOKS like a BLAST!! I hope I get to go next year!!
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:50 pm

Looks like fun was had by all, cept maybe Justin Smile

Maybe one day I'll be able to ride with you fine folks .

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:01 pm

The Talimena Scenic Drive is a lot of fun, took it when I first got my scoot in '05. My stock dunnies didn't even last that long when I headed up there in Oct and I got my ride in April. Guess I went against the learning curve and didn't take my scoot out only on the weekends and polished her until she completely shined. I got her to ride, and though I did do a few things to make her look even better, she's been through rain, winds, heavy city traffic, dirt roads, and a lot of stupidity from me as well and she's still going.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:46 pm

I really had a great time and I am now rested and I am ready to make the trip again, especially Talimena Dr. WOW What a road to ride. Some great fun. I was not far behind Twin, Kermit and Smokey and you should see the C/T work in the twisties. Those of you that wanted to come and couldn't make, you missed meeting some great people; Inspector, his wife and kids (great hosts at the BarBQue at their house and 3 of the best behaved boys I have seen in a while); Kermit and Foghorn and their friend Will the sightseer, Smokey and Dude, and Toasted. Thanks again Tony and family for the hospitality. I am ready to go back or maybe move to Ark. Great roads to ride. Do you think we could make this a semi-annual ride. I haven't had so much fun, I think everyone had a great time. LET'S DO IT AGAIN AND SOON.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:14 am

Great pics Bobby, but yall dont let that one pic of Dude fool you. His head itched (teen acne I think). He ate up every mile we put on and he is ready to go do it again. I had the greatest time, Sorry I missed getting to meet inspector, everyone told us what a great guy he is. Everyone else we met were great people aand lots of fun.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:17 am

smokey2255 wrote:Great pics Bobby, but yall dont let that one pic of Dude fool you. His head itched (teen acne I think). He ate up every mile we put on and he is ready to go do it again. I had the greatest time, Sorry I missed getting to meet inspector, everyone told us what a great guy he is. Everyone else we met were great people aand lots of fun.

See you out there
Smokey

Smoke......I was just picking on Justin. He is one tough and well mannered young man that I have seen in a while. Knew what was going on every second and never heard a complaint the whole weekend. I only said that to set up the....."he's my dad" story..............hehehehehehe

...............bobby

ps....When are you going to post your pics????????????

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:53 am

Yall know by posting all these pics your only making those of us that didn't get there want to go see it for ourselfs.....Thanks...something else I have to do.... Laughing Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:45 am

This was one of the best times of my life. Those of you who didn't get to come, let me tell you. It was a great 3 day adventure, start to finish, but full of fun. We ate well, paid for hotels and gas and Foghorn and I together only spent a total of $320.00. That's just to let you know, it doesn't cost that much to have alot of fun. That was also the cheapest getaway I've ever had. Make plans to do it with us next year.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:04 pm

kermit wrote:This was one of the best times of my life. Those of you who didn't get to come, let me tell you. It was a great 3 day adventure, start to finish, but full of fun. We ate well, paid for hotels and gas and Foghorn and I together only spent a total of $320.00. That's just to let you know, it doesn't cost that much to have alot of fun. That was also the cheapest getaway I've ever had. Make plans to do it with us next year.

+1..... I took $500 thinking I would need it and maybe some more. I only spent $350 gas, eats, and hotel for me and Tanglefoot on the whole trip except he got the hotel in Texarkana! Shocked I know I am doing this again.

...............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:10 pm

twin1300 wrote:
kermit wrote:This was one of the best times of my life. Those of you who didn't get to come, let me tell you. It was a great 3 day adventure, start to finish, but full of fun. We ate well, paid for hotels and gas and Foghorn and I together only spent a total of $320.00. That's just to let you know, it doesn't cost that much to have alot of fun. That was also the cheapest getaway I've ever had. Make plans to do it with us next year.

+1..... I took $500 thinking I would need it and maybe some more. I only spent $350 gas, eats, and hotel for me and Tanglefoot on the whole trip except he got the hotel in Texarkana! Shocked I know I am doing this again.

...............bobby

See, Darksiders ARE cheap dates
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:14 pm

cerooth wrote:
twin1300 wrote:

...............bobby

See, Darksiders ARE cheap dates

Yep.....all you got to have for us to be happy is some roads to ride....... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Basically what Kermit said.

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:16 pm

See yall my $ count for the rally and the wifes $ count for the rally are way different, I think gas and hotel she thinks about the 18 months of mods to get the bike where it is. I think about 4 ? including new helmet for dudefor the trip.
Great weekend. Will definately go next year.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:56 pm

looked like a lot of fun . wish i could have taken the time off work to go.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:28 pm

horseman8m wrote:looked like a lot of fun . wish i could have taken the time off work to go.

Well don't worry horseman8m........some empty box with a horse suppository box that was inside it and empty showed up in your place. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I got every ones address....you guys got something coming to you...hehehehehehehe Soon, when you least expect it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:33 pm

twin ..that was oral wormer, with 14 horses and thay get that 3 times a year, great to hear that you can take as well as you dish it out, can't wate to meet all my friends here on the darkside, Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:49 pm

horseman8m wrote:twin ..that was oral wormer, with 14 horses and they get that 3 times a year, great to hear that you can take as well as you dish it out, can't wait to meet all my friends here on the darkside, Horse

Hey...horse.......I wouldn't have it any other way. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing You guys are the bomb in my book! Maybe next year, more of us can get together to meet.

..............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:56 pm

twin1300 wrote:
horseman8m wrote:twin ..that was oral wormer, with 14 horses and they get that 3 times a year, great to hear that you can take as well as you dish it out, can't wait to meet all my friends here on the darkside, Horse

Hey...horse.......I wouldn't have it any other way. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing You guys are the bomb in my book! Maybe next year, more of us can get together to meet.

..............bobby

Twin did ya take your medicine yet???

I wouldnt want you to get worms. jocolor
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:00 pm

horseman8m wrote:twin ..that was oral wormer, with 14 horses and thay get that 3 times a year, great to hear that you can take as well as you dish it out, can't wate to meet all my friends here on the darkside, Horse

Wormer for the horses and the box to the jackass Laughing Laughing Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  YoIdaho Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:44 am

I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s post and looking at the piks.
It’s a great thing to be able to meet up with virtual friends and make a real life connection.

Bobby I’m sorry my organic soymilk box wasn’t able to make it there, so you could wash down your worm medicine.
Glad to hear you were finally able to get your gluets settled into the saddle for some length of time, it does the body good.
The several country back road day rides I’ve been on this year reminded me that the backside needs some reeducation in the spring.

I’m meeting up with some riders today for my first ride up in the mountains. ~M
YoIdaho
YoIdaho

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:24 am

Believe me when I say, I wish I had been there with all of you. My "hotel" during that time was a bit more expensive than your bills. lol! Oh well . . . The pictures are great and Bobby filled me in on the details. The only long distance ride I have planned this year is in October when my club does their big Breast Cancer Research run. It's held in Daytona and raised over 7 grand for Johns Hopkins Breast Cancer Research. Other than that, I'm hoping Greg and I can get someone to watch Dad for a day and we will try to meet as many of you as we can at a halfway point somewhere. Greg and I are both used to spending long days in the saddle. When we go for a ride on a Saturday we usually leave around 9 AM and get home around 9 PM. Florida may be flat, but around here there are lots of little state and federal forests to ride through.

You can count on me for next year or possibly a mid-year meet up. I feel as if I have a family of Sisters with my MC and a family of Brothers here at Darkside. I'm truly blessed.

shebear

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:36 am

We are blessed to have you shebear....missed you too!

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:55 am

Shebear you are an insperation to one and all......It is an honor to know you, if only virtually for now...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:01 am

Gosh, you guys are gonna make me start blushing. Embarassed

Even though my last few weeks have been "trying" to say the least, I wouldn't trade them for anything. Every dark cloud has a silver lining and those are precious.

Gotta get offline now and head to a doc appointment,
I'll be back posting as soon as I can. I'm having a hard time just catching up! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum