Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lunch with DS2

3 posters

Go down

Lunch with DS2 Empty Lunch with DS2

Post  Steve-O Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:57 am

Dark shadow 2 and 3 (me) had lunch yesterday. Good to see Dave again.

I'm going to try again to get the 205 on my spirit. Going to try this July/Aug. So, if anyone wants a 165 kumho with 3k miles on it, let me know. It's free and we can install it for free. You just have to wait till the dead of summer, Drive to Ennis, and help us. The caveat is that if I am "still" not able to get the 205 bead to seat, I'm keeping the kumho on....but if that happens you are more than welcome to try the 205 (at a cost of $50).

PM me if you are interested.

Dave and I also have some projects and rides in the planning phase. First ride is to Greenville to see WTF happened to Tim! Laughing
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Lunch with DS2 Empty Re: Lunch with DS2

Post  ttexastim Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:12 pm

I'm still here!!! I've just been busy as can be. I seem to check the site once a week now. I'll have to stop doing so much so I have time to get on here. LOL

Speaking of getting together. I'll be in Dallas for some training on 4/29, 4/30, and 5/1 (Tuesday through Thursday). Let's meet up at chili's again (Unless y'all know of a better place). I haven't taken pictures of the ride since I've done all the work to it. You guys may end up seeing it in person before I actually get pictures on here. Smile

Oh ... and some words of advice that I've learned recently. If you take your springs apart to replace them with progressive springs ... make sure to use thread lock on every single bolt that holds that front end together. You won't believe it, but it vibrates pretty bad. LOL. I only forgot to add threadlock to 2 bolts (the ones that hold the brake cable and the speedometer cables in place on the forks), and both of them have now fallen out. I had to go to Home depot, and buy one of every kind of metric bolt to see which one it was. It's all back together now though, with threadlock in place!!!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:09 pm

Sounds good to me!! When it gets closer we'll pick a night and then meetup again.

Sorry to hear bout being so busy. Hope your getting to ride though. glad the bolts have thread lock on them now.
Hey, you'll get to see my newest mod. in person too. I'll be posting pics of the mod and a write-up in another post.
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum