Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone seen a Valk fairing on an X

5 posters

Go down

Has anyone seen a Valk fairing on an X Empty Has anyone seen a Valk fairing on an X

Post  nodakbassmaster Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:30 pm

Has anyone seen a Valk fairing on an X yet?

If I were to go the fairing route I'd probly have to pick one of the Valk fairings with the dual headlights... I was wondering if anyone has seen one transplanted onto an X...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen a Valk fairing on an X Empty Re: Has anyone seen a Valk fairing on an X

Post  Toasted_311 Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:37 pm

I wanted to do that originally...but watching all the fairings/trunks for Valks go for close to 1k I couldn't justify it right now.

Watched a loaded trunk got for $1280 the other day on ebay. Shocked And it was gonna need a repaint too....
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen a Valk fairing on an X Empty Re: Has anyone seen a Valk fairing on an X

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:51 pm

Valkyrie parts are high but the bike is holding its own in re-sell. I think I could sell mine for what I paid for it 10 years ago. Lots of Valks use the Harley Batwing with Memphis mounts you can get the Harley much cheaper.The fairing on this one is made by Hoppe and was custom made to use the Hondaline Tourer hardware . Has anyone seen a Valk fairing on an X DragonRide2-19-07007Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxjosh Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:29 pm

This is the closest I've ever seen. The fairing is not off of an Interstate but it has the dual headlights.
Has anyone seen a Valk fairing on an X Slide02_lg
Has anyone seen a Valk fairing on an X Slide01_lg
Has anyone seen a Valk fairing on an X Slide07_lg

Here's the original link if you have never seen this bike: http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96358&highlight=road+glide+fairing
vtxjosh
vtxjosh

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  sassage Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:58 pm

Richard looking at fairings? Shocked

the one above is a HD Road Glide fairing....Paul Mott's if i'm not mistaken

I've seen many people talk about the Valk Interstate fairing on a VTX but never seen it done, would require quite a bit of custom fab on the mounting and wiring...how are your wiring skills? Very Happy
sassage
sassage

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:16 pm

This is on the VRCC classifieds right now..........For Sale
Posted on: 04/05/08
Item: Harley Road Glide fairing
Price: $450
Email: patronjake@msn.com
Link: https://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t55/loghousenut/Fairing/
Note: Link will open in new window.

Description
Both the inner and outer shells for frame mounted fairing from a Road glide. Inner shell is new and never mounted. Outer shell is used and slightly cracked (ABS... easy fix). All tabs in great shape. No windscreen. Was gonna mount it on my Valk like Al Foitags but sold the Valk.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:36 am

sassage wrote:Richard looking at fairings? Shocked

the one above is a HD Road Glide fairing....Paul Mott's if i'm not mistaken

I've seen many people talk about the Valk Interstate fairing on a VTX but never seen it done, would require quite a bit of custom fab on the mounting and wiring...how are your wiring skills? Very Happy

I'm not gettin one, I was just wondering if anyone had done it... it's the best looking fairing I've seen and was curious... Laughing Laughing
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum