Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Shocks? How about the forks?

3 posters

Go down

What Shocks?  How about the forks? Empty What Shocks? How about the forks?

Post  Morgan Buchanan Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:29 am

So I'm riding a 205/55/16 and I'm curious what shocks would be better than stock. I'm 200 pounds and normally ride solo, but my 110 pound wife rides with me occasionally. I don't ride terribly aggressively. I don't hate the stock shocks, but maybe I don't know any better.

Also any recommendations on the forks? I heard some folks talking about Goldwing springs.

Please give me the "why's" in addition to the recommendations. Much appreciated!
Morgan Buchanan
Morgan Buchanan

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

What Shocks?  How about the forks? Empty Re: What Shocks? How about the forks?

Post  nodakbassmaster Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:04 am

for the front the progressives are fine for you... you aren't heavy enough to need the goldwing springs...

I'm not a rear suspension expert, but anything will be better than stock!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:07 am

Morgan Buchanan wrote:So I'm riding a 205/55/16 and I'm curious what shocks would be better than stock. I'm 200 pounds and normally ride solo, but my 110 pound wife rides with me occasionally. I don't ride terribly aggressively. I don't hate the stock shocks, but maybe I don't know any better.

Also any recommendations on the forks? I heard some folks talking about Goldwing springs.

Please give me the "why's" in addition to the recommendations. Much appreciated!

I will tell you what I believe.....that the car tire has such soft side walls and make two up riding so much better, that I wouldn't do the shocks except you just want to. My wife thinks I have a whole new seat and motorcycle it rides so good now! So, I aint changing.

As a matter of a test next time you see a motorcycle tire un-mounted, stand it up and try to compress it...it's just as if it was on the bike rim and aired up! I show this to folks all the time and how rough it's going to make you ride. Then I left them do the same thing to a car tire (not a low profile tire) but one of our 65 sidewalls and it goes straight to the ground. So the tire now absorbs the bumps and helps the shocks not have to work as hard.

Now, with that said.......better shocks couldn't hurt!

On the front forks...my twin brother is going with some Traxxion setup and they do all kinds of forks and not just goldwings. Give them a call.

...................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Buchanan Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:18 am

I do notice it's a softer ride fo' sho'!
Morgan Buchanan
Morgan Buchanan

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:17 am

shocks topics

should help...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum