Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hick screw and ctr

+3
Toasted_311
061300c
smokey2255
7 posters

Go down

Hick screw and ctr Empty Hick screw and ctr

Post  smokey2255 Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:28 am

If you havn't been screwed by hick, ya need to get you some of that. I have a D tool on a swivel I will give to anyone that asks for it at the rally.

I also installed my CTR today ...... Yes Hick your rivet removal tool will finally be on its way home tomorrow. Thanks for the use of it and the patience.
I can tell a very noticable difference with the ctr.
Hick has quality products, if you don't have his stuff you are definately missing out.

Thanks again Hick

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Hick screw and ctr Empty Re: Hick screw and ctr

Post  061300c Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:50 am

have to agree i have had the ctr for almost the entire time i had my bike which is coming up on a year now and i love it. met with cyberhick two weeks ago when i went to houston to see some freinds stand up guy and his produst are top notch havent had a chance to install the a/f scew i got from him yet still workin on an intake i am making. so you can say i got screwed by cyberhick but at least he bought me lunch first. but seriously if yall are thinking about buying his products quit thinking and just buy it, you wont regret it by any means.

061300c

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:59 am

+1 about Hick. Met him when he swung by to see Johnny. Great guy and funny too. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:01 pm

That CTR is the cats ass, ya hear me?
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:06 pm

OK, OK, I'll bite..... what is a CTR and a Hick Screw?
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:11 pm

Thanks David. Now I don't feel like the idiot who asked. heh heh heh.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:13 pm

The Hicks screw is a screw made by the one and only Cyberhick that replaces the vtx 1300 impossible to get to factory air fuel mixture screw on the carb. Making it so much easier to tune our scoots. The CTR (clutch tension reducer) is a sweet little contraption (technical term along with doo hickey and thingama bob) that goen on the clutch engaging arm on the bikes as well that reduces the clutch pull from about 12 lbs to about 8 lbs.
I believe he makes the ctr for the 1100 also but dont know about the screw.

Hope that helps
See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:15 pm

Sounds very cool. My bike has a hydraulic clutch, so I don't think the CTR would work on it. It's good to know that we have ingenious people on the board!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:21 pm

ttexastim wrote:Sounds very cool. My bike has a hydraulic clutch, so I don't think the CTR would work on it. It's good to know that we have ingenious people on the board!

The guy at the bike shop that mounted my CT wanted to know where the hydralic unit was after Twin told him to squeeze it. Everyone that has tried mine loved the feel. Some have even said the "pull" is less than their hydralics.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:28 am

smokey2255 wrote:The Hicks screw is a screw made by the one and only Cyberhick that replaces the vtx 1300 impossible to get to factory air fuel mixture screw on the carb. Making it so much easier to tune our scoots. The CTR (clutch tension reducer) is a sweet little contraption (technical term along with doo hickey and thingama bob) that goen on the clutch engaging arm on the bikes as well that reduces the clutch pull from about 12 lbs to about 8 lbs.

Hope that helps
See you out there
Smokey

I think hick's number tracks it from 19 to 9. Anyways, no matter. It's a very noticeable difference. I've had mine about 6 months and I love it. I still have to get the screw. I'm told though, that you still can't get to it easily with the stock cover on and I want the neutron mod, so anybody got any feedback on this one.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:28 pm

smokey2255 wrote:The Hicks screw is a screw made by the one and only Cyberhick that replaces the vtx 1300 impossible to get to factory air fuel mixture screw on the carb. Making it so much easier to tune our scoots. The CTR (clutch tension reducer) is a sweet little contraption (technical term along with doo hickey and thingama bob) that goen on the clutch engaging arm on the bikes as well that reduces the clutch pull from about 12 lbs to about 8 lbs.

Hope that helps
See you out there
Smokey

THANK YOU Very Much... I did notice on his site that he does indeed make a CTR for the 1100 but not sure one would work on mine as it is a Wet Clutch system?? No Hydraulics involved for it.

What you guys think?? Question
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:42 pm

DarkSide-Shadow wrote:

Hope that helps
See you out there
Smokey

THANK YOU Very Much... I did notice on his site that he does indeed make a CTR for the 1100 but not sure one would work on mine as it is a Wet Clutch system?? No Hydraulics involved for it.

What you guys think?? Question

Its made for NON hydralic models. It it reduces the amount of pull needed to grab the lever and pull it in.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: