Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkside Newbie

3 posters

Go down

Darkside Newbie Empty Darkside Newbie

Post  robbiebobbie92 Sun May 03, 2015 11:33 am

Hey Guys,

I am thinking about switching over to a CT instead of another MT. I hate how quickly they wear down. I had a buddy recommended switching to a car tire. I thought it was a joke at first but when i started doing my research i found this forum.

Does anyone have any advice on how i should go about this? I have a 2006 Honda VTX 1300c. I would like to get more than 3-4 thousand miles out of a tire, as i constantly am doing 600-1000 mile trips.

What tire should i look at? What size would i need on my bike? Is there an adjustment period? What are some pros and cons of riding the darkside?

I am still looking through all of these posts, thought this might be faster to get up to date advice.

Open to anything thanks!!

robbiebobbie92

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Darkside Newbie Empty Re: Darkside Newbie

Post  rrounds Sun May 03, 2015 5:47 pm

What is the size of the stock tire?

ROD

rrounds

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Mon May 04, 2015 8:04 pm

205/70/15 is the size you will want. It's been a few years since I had my VTX and the tires I liked they don't make anymore.
I liked unidirectional tread patterns, but just for looks, as it doesn't make a difference riding. Good luck thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down