Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's getting dark in here...

2 posters

Go down

It's getting dark in here... Empty It's getting dark in here...

Post  skullsession Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:01 am

It's getting dark in here... Darkside
That's my buddies Bobby and Noe installing the tire on my 2011 Cross Country.

I went with the Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31 - Run Flat @ 195/55-16. I pumped 38 lbs into it and rode on...don't really feel any need yet to adjust from there.

I've only put a couple hundred miles on it so far...but the difference in feel, to me, was NOTHING to get used to. Felt remarkably similar to the Bridgestone I took off the bike. No tracking on lines or slippage on tar snakes...plows right over that stuff. In that way, it's certainly feeling better than the MT did. Seems very stable so far. As reported by others, the bike seems to want to stand up just a bit more - but certainly nothing that is any sort of problem. Slow-speed turns don't seem any harder to pull off.

Haven't found enough twisties yet to report on higher speed, all day curvy road riding....but will report back if I think of it when the time comes.
skullsession
skullsession

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

It's getting dark in here... Empty Re: It's getting dark in here...

Post  Doc Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:15 am

Congrats!Congrats 

Might try dropping down a couple of psi. In my opinion a 195 is the perfect width to use!
But one thing I'm wondering is.... How'd you talk your buddies into installing it for you? lol! 
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  skullsession Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Funny...that's the same question everyone asks! I promise...I had wrenches in my hand just a few seconds before this pic was taken. Very Happy Actually, we did 3 rear tire changes and two fronts on Saturday morning. I had my hands in there a bit, but mostly, these two did the work. Good stand-up friends...a must-have when you ride as much as we all do.

Doc - the reason(s) you'd run it down around 36 psi? Thanks for your thoughts.
skullsession
skullsession

Back to top Go down

Post  skullsession Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:34 am

After about 3,000 miles on this tire, I've settled on 36-38 lbs.  Anything less feels too squishy for me.  Liking it so far.

Also , for those looking with this same bike, wanted to report that I just threw on the Bridgestone BT-45 130/70-18 "rear tire" to the front side.  Checked speedo to GPS again...seems to be nuts on.  Like the feel so far nothing to complain about.  You'd never know it was a rear tire by the looks...other than the massive tread depth.  Looking forward to seeing what the mileage ends up being on it.

For my mounting experience, see this thread.
skullsession
skullsession

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum