Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot find the Douglas Xtra Trac anymore

2 posters

Go down

Cannot find the Douglas Xtra Trac anymore Empty Cannot find the Douglas Xtra Trac anymore

Post  surfshrink Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:27 am

I want to replace my Douglas Xtra Trac 205/65-15 with the same tire, but I can't find it here anymore. Will The Douglas Performance GTH 205/65-15 be the same fit? My Douglas lasted about 20,000 miles and I liked the way it rode.

surfshrink

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

Cannot find the Douglas Xtra Trac anymore Empty Re: Cannot find the Douglas Xtra Trac anymore

Post  motopsycho Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:43 am

I can tell you that a Douglas Performance GTH 205/65-15 will not fit on an 1100 Shadow. There is no room in the fender. However, the Douglas Performance GTH 195/65-15 fits nicely.

I would bet the 205 would fit a VTX, but you may have to try it and see.

I bought the tire and test fit it without it being on the rim - just to see if the tread width would fit in the swingarm and in the fender. It did fit the swingarm - but did not fit the fender. But, since I hadn't mounted it, I was able to exchange it for the 195. I bought mine at Wal-Mart. Most are pretty good about returns/exchanges.

motopsycho

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-08-16

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum