Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the Forum

4 posters

Go down

New to the Forum Empty New to the Forum

Post  seabeechief Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:21 am

Hey guys! I'm a "noobie", so get ready to answer questions for the gazillioneth time. I ride an '08 GL1800 (recovering Harley driver). I plan on going Darkside when the current tire is retired.

(1) I'm planning to use a Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55/R16. Any suggestions or education on the tire size will be appreciated.

(2) I'm planning on using Dyna-Beads; should I use 2oz or 3oz in rear mounted tire. I ride 2 up 50% of the time. I will be riding 2 up and pulling a cargo trailer 3500+ miles this summer.

(3) I have been looking at an aluminum "billet" valve stem from "MotorcycleAnchor.com". These puppies are $32.95 + shipping for a pair. Supposedly good for life of motorcycle and/or rider. Using these require grinding down the "T support" that sticks up on the wheel. Also, they suggest pointing the stem toward the right side of the bike (looking from the back) so the tire pressure can be checked more easily while on the kickstand. Any thoughts on the purchase and use of these valve stems?

(4) Where do I get my "Darksider number" and the Darth Vader Darkside picture for the rear fender?

All assistance will be gratefully appreciated.

Chief
seabeechief
seabeechief

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-04-20

Back to top Go down

New to the Forum Empty Re: New to the Forum

Post  Doc Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:06 pm

Welcome Chief Welcome
You are on the right track with tire size for your Goldwing. I use Dynabeads myself and love them.
I don't know anything about that valve stem, it looks good, definitely not cheap. lol!

PM Murgie on the GL1800Riders board in the Darksiders subforum for a number and TJ over there can get you fixed up with a decal. thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  seabeechief Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Doc wrote:Welcome Chief Welcome
You are on the right track with tire size for your Goldwing. I use Dynabeads myself and love them.
I don't know anything about that valve stem, it looks good, definitely not cheap. lol!

PM Murgie on the GL1800Riders board in the Darksiders subforum for a number and TJ over there can get you fixed up with a decal. thumbup

Thanks Doc. Appreciate your feedback.

Chief
seabeechief
seabeechief

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-04-20

Back to top Go down

New to the Forum Empty VALVES

Post  Hichey Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:21 am

Try ebay !! I got mine for aroung $6 - $7 each.

Hickey34

Hichey

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  robw Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Use 3 oz beads in your rear tire and 2 oz in the front. My thoughts on the valve stems is if they use rubber to seal it will eventually dry rot so don't forget to check them periodically. I just replace the OEM stems whenever I change tires.
robw
robw

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum