Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Dan!

2 posters

Go down

Hey Dan!  Empty Hey Dan!

Post  quadancer Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Hey Dan! 2 words....Harbor Freight...okay, FOUR, Tire spoons! Ha!
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Hey Dan!  Empty Hey Dan

Post  Dan Koich Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:53 pm

I've been looking at their tire changer, but someone in one of the product reviews said I need a motorcycle adapter and the local HF sales guy said he'd never heard of one, and I don't see one in the HF website. I apparently need to send an email to HF tecnical experts in order to inquire. Some say it's junk, others say it needs beefier steel. I'm pretty sure we bent my rotor when we changed my last tire on Bills garage floor. When I checked the rotor with a dial caliper, while researching causes for my Austone inspired front end wobble, we found it was .049 off true. I don't like cheap tools, but this little HF changer might work if fixed up so it's stronger and properly mounted to the floor.

Dan Koich

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Hey Dan!  Empty Re: Hey Dan!

Post  quadancer Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Wow, I never responded to that one: I use 2x4 blocks to suspend the rotor off the floor when jacking the tires on and off. Plus to protect the polish job on them.
I've worn out my rear one in 36k, which even to an aggressive rider, seems low. So I gotta fund that up, plus new tires and a new battery; my trickle charger
began draining it instead of charging.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Hey Dan!  Empty Re: Hey Dan!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum