Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need to go Darkside

3 posters

Go down

need to go Darkside Empty need to go Darkside

Post  kkalistx Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:23 am

I am a everyday rider and the cost of tires is a bad subject with me. I'm ready for a new back tire. I asked this board before and I received the size I will need : 205/65/16, I ride a 2005 vtx1800c. I am now hunting the tire maker....I see the hydroedge is no longer available, any suggestions? Also wondering if I need a "V" rated tire? I would think so, but thought I'd ask. I was wondering if the dyno beads are something everyone is doing as well?

kkalistx

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-07-25

Back to top Go down

need to go Darkside Empty re need to go darkside

Post  Larry Simpson Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:18 am

Try goodyear tripple tread,some of us are running the dyna beads with good results. thumbup thumbup
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

need to go Darkside Empty Re: need to go Darkside

Post  Lou Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Can't help with the tyre but have been using Dyna Beads for over 5 yrs , always in balance no problems
Take care,
Be safe.

Lou

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2010-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  kkalistx Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:24 am

Allright, I did it. Using the dyna beads and I choose the Falcon tire mainly due to emptiness of my wallet. I drove it from the shop and really didnt like it, the road grooves pulled me every which way. When I got home I checked the air pressure, 41. I lowered it to 36 and oh what a difference. I'm loving it. Next tire will be the triple tread, in 30k miles or so, love saying that. Thanks to everyone for all the info/advise. Not sure if the picture will come out or not, if it does, it was at 41 psi.
[img][/img]

kkalistx

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum