Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time and Adjustments for CT Install.

3 posters

Go down

Time and Adjustments for CT Install. Empty Time and Adjustments for CT Install.

Post  workrider Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:59 am

First, let's see if any one can validate my choice, I'm 6-1 255 Lbs riding a 2007 Honda VTX-R 1300. I have chosen a Michelin HydroEdge 205/65/15 to replace the piece of crap Dunlop I''ve worn to the threads running 500+ miles a week for work recently. The guy I found to do the install says 2 to 3 hours, seems high to me...anybody care to give me their experience and what to say to this guy? Also, what if any adjustments will I need to make to my speedometer and what is the best tire pressure for this tire, that bike and my height and weight?
All reply's are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by workrider on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected spelling)

workrider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Time and Adjustments for CT Install. Empty Re: Time and Adjustments for CT Install.

Post  Doc Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Good choice for a tire... A local tire and muffler place mounted mine with their rim grip changer. Took about 15 minutes and $8.
I ran 36psi in mine when I had my VTX.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Time and Adjustments for CT Install. Empty Re: Time and Adjustments for CT Install.

Post  jedishon Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:05 pm

If you are using stock exhaust you will need to turn the mounting bolts around to keep from rubbing the tire. The speedo will be off about the same as it was 10% +/-
Be sure to pull the wheel off and regrease the spline with moly paste every 15,000 miles.
Last but not least ride her hard but never put her away wet.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Time and Adjustments for CT Install. Empty ...feeling the power

Post  workrider Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:39 pm

..of the darkside and diggin it!
all went well, running at 39psi, twisties are fine and the ride is smoother....I ain't never going back.
Ride well, ride often and ride wide!

workrider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down