Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primacy Alpin put to the test

3 posters

Go down

Primacy Alpin put to the test Empty Primacy Alpin put to the test

Post  justbike Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:58 pm

Just got back from a 4000 mile / 6500 km trip through the mountains of Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon and California as well as the desert in Nevada on the 2010 ultra with the michelin primacy Alpin Run flat 205/55R16. Tire performed awesome in thousands of miles of mountain twistys and scorching heat of 105 degrees. Absolutely nothing negative about the tire and did not notice any disadavantage on the numerous mountain curves. My friend with me rode an1800 Goldwing with a Bridgestone Blizzak runflat and he found the same thing. As for wear, there is no sign of any on either tire. Approx 6 days were spent riding in temps of 100 or more. I had a blizzak on before the michelin and I prefer the michelin personally, both are excellent on wet roads, gravel, ruts and slow speed far superior to any bike tire.

justbike

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Primacy Alpin put to the test Empty Re: Primacy Alpin put to the test

Post  Doc Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:50 am

I have about 12,000 on my Alpin on the Wing. I have no complaints about it either!
It transitions curves more like a motorcycle tire than any car tire I have ever ridden. thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboy127 Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Great to hear!!! You mounted up the primacy alpin PA 3 winter tire correct?

fatboy127

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  justbike Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:52 am

Yes its a P205/55R16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP In Michelin terms the ZP is their runflat, I chose the run flat due to the stiffness of the sidewall. It works great, I know someone wrote they don't agree with running run flats because you could have no air and not know it until your in a sharp curve. They are made to carry the weight of a car, which is considerably more than any bike, with no air in them. I do think that the stiffness of the sidewall provides the same handling on corners as a bike tire. After a 4500 mile trip in miles of mountains and scorching heat this tire shows no wear.

justbike

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum