Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't forget maintenance!

2 posters

Go down

Don't forget maintenance! Empty Don't forget maintenance!

Post  royalstargazer Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:19 am

Going on third year now with a car tire on my Venture. yeah Hit 30,000 miles last week, and realized a problem. Embarassed While there are advantages to the car tire, you need to remember general maintenance. The hub clutch failed and left me sitting in the left turn lane in second gear with the engine running and my feet planted squarely on the ground going nowhere! Crying or Very sad After getting the bike towed home and taking it apart to see what went wrong, I realized that since I have not had to change the rear tire for some time now, I have not been putting any lubricant on the spline from the wheel to the final drive. scratch So, 5 days later, and $110 bucks poorer, its back together and I'm back on the road. Just thought I would share this BIG tidbit of info along so that everyone else may learn from my loss. Happy motoring, and be safe out there.

royalstargazer

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-08

Back to top Go down

Don't forget maintenance! Empty Re: Don't forget maintenance!

Post  wayne Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Yes, it wouldnt hurt to do it ever 12 to 18months. Not just on yours, but all bikes.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum