Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkside with a General Tire

3 posters

Go down

Darkside with a General Tire Empty Darkside with a General Tire

Post  johnnie1 Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:23 pm

Had the tire put on Thursday and have 150 miles on it, first time I have tried a C/T and I am really pleased with it the bike handles super and stopping is really improved. Wish I had tried it before now. If I can get some good miles out of it I'll be a happy camper. Tired of putting motorcycle tires on every 8,000 to 9,000 miles. Ride Safe and Ride a lot.
johnnie1
johnnie1

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Darkside with a General Tire Empty Re: Darkside with a General Tire

Post  Beermand Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:28 pm

Congrats!! thumbup
Beermand
Beermand

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  robw Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:33 pm

I switched for the mileage also. I got over 20,000 on my first one and expect to get even more out of my Kuhmo. I prefer runflats but any car tire should give you more mileage and cost less than an MC tire.
robw
robw

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Darkside with a General Tire Empty Thanks for the reply

Post  johnnie1 Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:12 am

robw wrote:I switched for the mileage also. I got over 20,000 on my first one and expect to get even more out of my Kuhmo. I prefer runflats but any car tire should give you more mileage and cost less than an MC tire.

Hoping to get 20 or 30,000 out of the tire time will tell, just wondering if your experience with the C/T has been good, I ride a lot in the Ozarks hoping the tire will hold up in the mountains and curves.
johnnie1
johnnie1

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  robw Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:07 am

My first car tire was when I lived in Montana and most of the miles on it were in the twisties on 2 lane mountain roads. It was a Continental run flat and I used Dyna Beads for balancing. I got over 20,000 miles out of it and the wear was pretty even, with just a little more wear on the right side.
I live in Southern Arizona now and can still find some good twisties but most of my riding is on relatively straight roads. The Kuhmo I have on now has about 10,000 miles and doesn't show any unusal wear and still a lot of tread left. I expect to get a lot more miles than I did on the first.
I'm totally happy with the car tire. Even if it didn't get many more miles than a moto tire It is a lot cheaper and I'd still be happy.
robw
robw

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down