Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balancing beads

+3
Doc
Larry Simpson
tryn2hrd
7 posters

Go down

Balancing beads Empty Balancing beads

Post  tryn2hrd Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:51 pm

Ive been reading alot about the balance bead trend. Ive read a lot of positive things about them and where some people have used different things instead of buying the overpriced beads come on there ceramic beads.Some people use airsoft beads from wal-mart with good results,others use the Counteract beads.OK im going to throw a crazy idea out there,what about shotgun shot out of a shotgun shell say #8 or #9 maybe even #7/12they are surly small enough and perfectly round.Anyone have any replays why they wouldn't work. The cheap ass that i am just don't justify spending that much on some little beads.

tryn2hrd

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Balancing beads Empty re balancing beads

Post  Larry Simpson Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Not sure buck shot would retain its shape under constant poundind of hitting one another in the tire.If somehow it developed a sharp edge could eat out the center of the tire from the inside.Don't know that it would but was my first thought?????? Shrug Shrug
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Balancing beads Empty Re: Balancing beads

Post  Doc Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:16 pm

I'd worry about corrosion with steel or lead shot and am not convinced airsoft pellets don't degrade over time.
Dynabeads are less than $15, and they work, It's not like your buying $275 centramatics... Shrug
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Ya, how 'BOUT them thangs? Takes a lotta nerve to charge like that for a donut with balls in it.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  xwrecker Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:13 am

I talked to this guy on the phone about these beads. He said they are a little bigger than the dyna beads so they can't be put in your tire by way of the applicator through the valve stem, but can be installed prior to setting the bead on a tire change by pouring them inside the tire right after mounting. And at $1.70 an ounce( you get them at $1.70 an ounce if you call him direct instead of using e-bay to purchase), they are cheap enough, AND are made of ceramic like the "dyna beads".
I am not affiliated with this guy in any way, just passing on information for my fellow Darkside riders.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tire-Balancing-Beads-11R22-5-11R24-5-225-70R19-5-33x12-50x17-35x12-50x20-balance-/190640227516?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c630b04bc
xwrecker
xwrecker

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:37 am

I think that if you look at this from only the costs issue, you might not be satisfied. Of course, I look at it from the side of actually balancing my tires myself, using weights on the rim. Razz
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://vulcanriders.us/forum

Back to top Go down

Balancing beads Empty Dyna Bead story

Post  ranger351w Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:22 am

Good day

I have had dynabeads in both tires on my 2011 Road king For around 5K miles and they do a good job. I like the idea of rebalance every time it stops and starts.

Lot better than going to the garage and seeing the wieghts lying on the floor.

I damaged my rear tire with a large stainless self tapping screw and had to replace it. I had Dynabeads in the tire so when I replaced it with a Hankook car tire I just took the beads out of the old tire and put them in the new one.

Can't say enough about the beads. My advise for what it's worth is forget the other stuff and go with the Dynabeads.One time buy.

ranger351w

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum