Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I did it ...give me my cookies...

2 posters

Go down

I did it ...give me my cookies... Empty I did it ...give me my cookies...

Post  jdm1955 Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:48 pm

Well today I stepped over the line into the darkside. I ride a 09 950T Yamaha and after reading post on this forum as well as other forums I decided to give it a try. I managed to get 11.2K milkes out of my OE Dunlops so I had to make a move. I purchased a Kelly Springfield Charger GT series tire on the net and saved about forty bucks. I went with a 205 - 65- 16 tire and it fit without any mods to the fender just slipped right in. Since I did the work myself I also saved on labor. The only trouble I had was getting the rear tire off the rim. I got it off on one side but it just wouldn't come off the other. So I took it down the a local shop who peeled it right off. The Kelly went on without any trouble at all. Also it seated with only 35lbs of pressure using WD-40. I finsihed it off with 3ozs of Dyna Beads and they work wonderful. So after changing out both the front and the back tires I'm ready for some road time. Now it's time to wash her down and put on some trim work. Something else that I don't seem to remember reading about the bike rolls like it was 500lbs lighter. It just glides along when I push it into the garage. Anyway I'm here think I'll stay awhile....See ya on the road..JD. PS When I figure out how to post pictures I'll do it.

Last edited by jdm1955 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

jdm1955

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-11-13

http://jdm1955@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

I did it ...give me my cookies... Empty Re: I did it ...give me my cookies...

Post  Doc Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:33 am

Congrats On coming to the Darkside! Vader

There is a sticky on the General Board on How to Post a Picture. thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum