Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Darksider going for the EXILE cycles look

2 posters

Go down

New Darksider going for the EXILE cycles look Empty New Darksider going for the EXILE cycles look

Post  Sharrack Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Greetings everyone! Very interesting forum!

I've got a 2002 Honda ACE deluxe 750
front tire- 120/90/17
rear tire- 170 / 80/15

My idea was to give the front of the bike that Exile fat front tire look, then fab my own fender.
Has anyone maxxed out their front tire on their ACE?
I was thinking of a 180 series MC tire for the front......got to measure it first in a store.

My stock tire measures 5" across...........I'd like to get 6- 6 1/2 inches wide up front
Any other ACE guys out there......?
Thanks,
Kenny S

Sharrack

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

New Darksider going for the EXILE cycles look Empty Re: New Darksider going for the EXILE cycles look

Post  lj birdman Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:25 am

i ride an 02 shadow 750 ace also . i run a 195/65/15 on back but havent put anything different on front yet nope . but it sounds like what u are gonna do will look realy cool Cool Cool . tou got me tinkin obout that on mine now hmmm hmmm Exclamation Exclamation .good luck on that thumbup thumbup
lj birdman
lj birdman

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

New Darksider going for the EXILE cycles look Empty Re: New Darksider going for the EXILE cycles look

Post  lj birdman Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:38 am

went out an did some measuring on my front your max clearence is only 6 n 1/5 measured at where the sidewall of tire would be and even less at crome covers above fender but 7 inches at lower half of forks where the tire will never be Shrug Shrug dont think anything wider then 6 will work hmmm that leaves quarter inch play on both sides cus banghd
lj birdman
lj birdman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharrack Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:56 pm

I was measuring with the fender on.....I'd have to remove everything for a real world look.

How is the profile of that rear tire compared to stock?
shorter /wider?

Kenny

Sharrack

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  lj birdman Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:07 am

the rear tire is about 7 1/2 wide only 1/2 shorter. i think i could have went with a 205 /70/15 but im happy with this one.maybe next time.
lj birdman
lj birdman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum